Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Explorer display issue when restricting default window position , Explorer display issue when restricting default window position » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 12785

George Irvine

Posted: 05/03/2017 23:55:20

Explorer display issue when restricting default window position -52 from the top.  If maximizing the explorer the color of the window changes and there is no title bar.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/04/2017 23:19:33

Hello, George

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit edition)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Are you talking about the Windows Explorer?

Explorer display issue when restricting default window position -52 from the top
Could you clarify, why do you need such restricting?

If maximizing the explorer the color of the window changes and there is no title bar.
Could you send us a screenshot depicting this problem?

Best regards.

George Irvine

Posted: 05/05/2017 01:00:01

AWM 8.10.2
Windows 8 (not 8.1)  (there is a reason for this due to my hardware setup)
Yes windows explorer.  
I would like the restricting so windows won't overlap a dock that I have at the top.  Basically there is only one program that I want to go into this area which is FL studio.  And that works great but I would like everything else to maximize below it.  Which works with most things.  Google Chrome doesn't seem to follow this behavior either.  
The reason I am using the dock instead of a taskbar is due to screen real estate.  Autohide was getting annoying popping up when I didn't want to while trying to perform tasks, essentially what I wanted was a shorter (horizontally) taskbar of some kind that I can see all the time.  So far all I can find is a dock which is not ideal but it works.  

Also I am in high contrast mode due to white light sensitivity.

https://www.screencast.com/t/Zu9SclkpPCmQ

Here is a video showing windows explorers behavior.  While other programs seem to work fine.  I think it has something to do with the cool tabbed feature AWM added which I love by the way.  I would hate to not have that.  Also for some reason google chrome Maximize doesn't seem to follow this rule as you will see in the video.  I disabled all chrome rules and added to the exclusion list and still the maximize did not respond like other programs.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/12/2017 08:42:16

Hello, George

If maximizing the explorer the color of the window changes and there is no title bar.
Google Chrome doesn't seem to follow this behavior either.
These problems have been confirmed, we'll try to fix them and will post in this topic when any of them is fixed.

Best regards.

George Irvine

Posted: 08/03/2017 22:31:47

Any updates on this issue?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/07/2017 18:59:42

Hello, George

Unfortunately, we haven't managed to fix these problems, as for now there are no obvious solutions for them and we have other high-priority tasks which are more important right now.
But we'll certainly start working on them again once we have time.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2018 03:28:16

Hello, George

You wrote:
I would like the restricting so windows won't overlap a dock that I have at the top. <...> Also for some reason google chrome Maximize doesn't seem to follow this rule as you will see in the video.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.3 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register