Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED]Mozilla ThunderBird and FireFox: Snapping does NOT function , Resizing does NOT consider snapping mode » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10014

Kai Tischler

Posted: 02/20/2017 03:14:58

Env:
- Windows 10 64 Bit
- Latest Mozilla ThunderBird and FireFox
- Latest AWM
- Simple Layout: ThunderBird tiled window on the left; FireFox tiled window on the right

When I now resize one of those tiled windows, snapping mode is NOT active, i.e. overlaps or gaps occur; and the same behaviour occurs with or without special settings for ThunderBird and FireFox activated.

Is there something wrt Mozilla Windows that does AWM not allow to handle snapping mode gracefully ?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/20/2017 12:27:59

Kai,

Latest Mozilla ThunderBird and FireFox

Please specify the exact versions anyway.

Kai Tischler

Posted: 02/21/2017 02:09:58

Hi Alex !

Thank You very much for the first reply in the ActualTools forums !

The exact versions are:
- FireFox 51.0.1 (64-Bit)
- ThunderBird 45.7.1 (32-Bit)

Due to Your answer I guess the following: This is fortunately unusual behaviour; AWM does normally handle Mozilla Windows like other windows.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2017 13:55:02

Kai,

Could you describe the problem more detailed?

Are you able to reproduce it every time?

ThunderBird tiled window on the left; FireFox tiled window on the right
Do you mean the windows are placed in the Desktop Dividers tiles?

When I now resize one of those tiled windows, snapping mode is NOT active
What are you trying to snap the window that is being resized to? Are you trying to snap the Firefox and ThunderBird windows to each other or to other windows or maybe to Desktop Divider tiles?

Does the problem depend on what windows you're trying to snap the Firefox and ThunderBird to?

Best regards.

Kai Tischler

Posted: 02/22/2017 01:38:01

I have just reproduced the problem:
- Simple Layout: 1 left tile; 1 right tile
- ThunderBird is placed in the left tile
- FireFox is placed in the right tile
- The windows of ThunderBird and FireFox are now properly aligned: No gap or overlap occurs
- I then move the edge between those aligned windows to the left or to the right; and the unwanted behaviour occurs: only ONE window is resized, i.e. gaps or overlaps occur.
- When using ThunderBird or FireFox in conjunction with another window - e.g. the Explorer placed in the left or right tile, the erroneous behaviour does NOT occur

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/22/2017 19:21:20

Hello, Kai

The problems with Firefox and Thunderbird windows have been confirmed.

As we can see, the Group Size feature doesn't work when you change the size of the Thunderbird window (this window should be active when you drag its border) and it doesn't matter what window is adjacent.

And the Group Size feature work when you change the size of the Firefox window, BUT the adjacent window falls behind while you're dragging (just keeps its size the same) and changes the size correctly if you stop moving the mouse pointer wefore releasing the mouse button. If you release the mouse button while moving the adjacent window won't change its size.

Could you confirm this?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register