Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM Taskbar Context Menu Difficult to read » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9358

Dave Morton

Posted: 01/18/2017 21:18:54

This has been an issue for me for a long time, but I've come to the point where it's more of an irritation than I'm willing to put up with. Here's the situation.

I have AMM configured to use individual taskbars for each screen (I have 4, in a 2x2 grid), and for the most part it's very helpful and convenient, but there is one problem that I can't seem to "fix" without doing something extreme that's more irritating and inconvenient than the problem it's meant to address. Here's a screenshot (in link form - it's a huge image):

Screenshot

As you can see, this composite image shows the context menu for each taskbar on all 4 screens. The lower-right screen is my primary display, and the context menu is easily readable, since the colors of the text and background have good contrast, but the other three sport black text on a dark grey background, and as such are very difficult to read. There is no configuration setting in AMM that I can find to change these colors, and Windows 10 will only allow changes if I choose a "High Contrast" theme, which is VERY uncomfortable to view, and causes headaches, so that is clearly not a viable option. When I used Windows 8 (and even the early versions of Win 10), this was configurable via Windows, but this is no longer the case. I don't want to stop using AMM, as it allows me to pin apps and programs to the individual taskbars so that I can use my time and workspace more efficiently, but this inability to read the context menus on the non-primary taskbars is becoming more trouble than it's worth, so I'm hoping to find a solution to this, somehow. Any suggestions offered will be gratefully accepted.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/19/2017 17:14:01

Dave,

When posting a bug report or requesting a help with any particular issue, please specify the following details:

* name and version of the Actual Tools product that you have a problem with (e.g. Actual Multiple Monitors 8.1)
* version of your Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc.)
* edition of your Windows (32-bit or 64-bit)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/19/2017 21:56:31

Hello, Dave

Please, specify the version of Actual Multiple Monitors you're running.

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Dave Morton

Posted: 01/19/2017 22:20:38

My apologies, folks. I had intended to provide that info, but forgot. Here it is:

Actual Multiple Monitors version 8.6

Windows 10 Pro version 1607, build 14393.693, 64 bit

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/20/2017 11:21:13

Dave,

Could you check whether the problem persists in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors?

Best regards.

Dave Morton

Posted: 01/20/2017 13:28:11

No, the problem went away, but this version is beyond the limit for my current license key, so won't I have to purchase a new key? If so, then I won't be able to keep this version at this time. But that's my problem, not yours, so if I have to revert, I'll just live with the problem. :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/24/2017 15:09:44

Dave,

We don't provide free registration codes in cases like this, when some problems appear in previous versions due to Windows upgrades.

Best regards.

Dave Morton

Posted: 01/24/2017 20:37:11

I wouldn't expect you to, so as I mentioned previously, I'll just deal with it as it is. Thanks for your time.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register