New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Hardware Acceleration Problem , Actual Multiple Monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11318

JD First Baptist Church Florence OR

Posted: 01/14/2017 07:22:23

Problem with screen mirroring and hardware acceleration.

Built a new desktop for this church. Windows 10 64 bit, dual NVIDIA GTX 750i's, plenty of RAM and hard drive space, Intel 6600 processor, etc....

Installed Actual Multiple Monitor program in order to clone 3 TV's to secondary extended desktop. First installed in late August, had a problem running DVD's (choppy playback) using software acceleration. Once hardware acceleration was checked, no problems.

Sometime in December the people who run the system said there was some type of update that occurred (windows, GPU, AMM software??) and all mirroring functionality stopped. I came to the church, checked settings, all seem correct but no display on TV's when mirroring from secondary monitor. Messed with settings and finally discovered that mirroring won't work with hardware acceleration option checked, but that's the only way to have DVD's play correctly on all the screens. Slight lag in Powerpoint and other presentation programs with software acceleration (even at 0 update interval setting) but they really need hardware acceleration enabled.

Rolled back to previous NVIDIA driver, previous AMM version, no change. Hardware acceleration does not function at all. Tried every option available, including source type as part of desktop instead of monitor, keep aspect ratio unchecked, fixed aspect ratio, unchecking run-as-full-screen.

Out of ideas. We have a valid purchased license. Ideas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2017 19:14:37

Hello,

This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

Best regards.

Posted: 01/17/2017 04:25:59

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know what the root cause is? Was it because of an update to Windows 10 or something else? I would like to give the church some feedback.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/24/2017 16:11:46

Hello,

As we can see, the problem only persists when all mirror image borders contact the borders of the mirror window (or the borders of the display if the mirror displays in full-screen).
If the monitors from which and to which you mirror has different and ascpect ratios, the mirror with the following settings should work: Run as full-screen, Variable scale, Keep aspect ratio enabled.
If the monitors has the same aspect ratio, then try the following settings: select "Part of desktop" as Source Type and select an area so that thin stripes (upper and lower fox example) of the original display image were not included in the area, so that the ascpect ratio of the area was slightly different than the ratio of the monitors. Then specify Run as full-screen, Variable scale, Keep aspect ratio - enabled.

Let me know whether that works for you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/26/2017 16:35:59

Hello,

We're trying to fix the issue now.

Could you please make sure that the issue still persists on your system and name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Posted: 01/31/2017 06:23:48

I've tried to mirror the monitors like you suggested, mirroring just short of the borders with variable on, etc. Doesn't work...I'll be heading down to the church this week and I'll double check the version numbers, the church is 1 hour away so I have to make a special trip. I'll see if I can get the info a different way.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/05/2017 01:27:58

JD First Baptist Church Florence OR ,

I've tried to mirror the monitors like you suggested
What exactly of two suggested methods have you tried?

You're trying to mirror one monitor to other monitors, am i right?

Do the monitors (from which and to which you mirror) have the same aspect ratio?

Posted: 02/15/2017 02:22:38

Sorry, I run a business and I don't always have time to respond...

I run a primary monitor on windows 10 (not mirrored) and a secondary monitor as an extended desktop. I used to use the hardware acceleration method to mirror the secondary monitor to 3 televisions, same aspect ratios, full-screen. When the upd ate occurred the ability to mirror using hardware acceleration was broken somehow, and I was able to se t it up using the normal software acceleration. The problem is that using only software acceleration won't allow for good video presentation, and when they use powerpoint there is always a slight lag.

I attempted to mirror as "part of desktop" using hardware acceleration without success. I also attempted to run the other method suggested "Run as full-screen, Variable scale, Keep aspect ratio enabled" without success. The church was very satisfied previously with how the hardware acceleration worked, but now has no alternatives. Native windows 10 mirroring won't work with the setup, and the NVIDIA software won't configure their setup either. Your software provided a much-needed solution, but something broke when either windows updated in December or your software updated around the same time. I don't know what other information to provide(?), but it appears that some piece of code is preventing the previous implementation.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2017 11:57:03

JD,

I wrote before:
As we can see, the problem only persists when all mirror image borders contact the borders of the mirror window (or the borders of the display if the mirror displays in full-screen).

If the source monitor and the monitor to which you mirror have the same aspect ratio then these mirror settings should work:
select "Part of desktop" as Source Type and select an area so that thin stripes (upper and lower fox example) of the original display image were not included in the area, so that the ascpect ratio of the area was slightly different than the ratio of the monitors. Then specify Run as full-screen, Variable scale, Keep aspect ratio - enabled.

Make sure that the selected area and the monitor you mirror to have different aspect ratios. Try to select area which has much smaller height, but keep its width equal to the source monitors width. This should work, as in this case mirror image borders contact the borders of the display.

Posted: 02/21/2017 03:28:30

Good news. I manually reduced the secondary monitor coverage by one line all around and the hardware acceleration is working again. Previously I had just adjusted the left and right sides and it wouldn't work. Please let me know when the workaround can be lifted. Thanks!

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register