New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 17 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Multiple Monitors desktop dividers not working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11573

John Pagel

Posted: 08/04/2016 23:13:07

Well, I have some strange news.  To start, the "Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" option was already selected.  But when I went to SolidWorks to see if activating this tool would help, I found out that I didn't need it.  SolidWorks now behaves as expected with Desktop Dividers and can be snapped and sized perfectly.  Since I posted my question, I have had the same computer and operating system, as well as no updates to SolidWorks.  However, I have had some Windows OS updates and I am pretty sure (but not positive) that AMM may have updated as well.  So, I am not sure which update solved the problem, but happily it seems to work fine.

That being said, because Desktop Dividers are working fine with SolidWorks, I am not able to tell what effect that "Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" has on the window.

John

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/11/2016 18:40:40

Hello, David

I'm testing SolidWorks 2015 with AMM 8.9.1 now and as I can see, the problem with Desktop Divider is still there but while using the "Make the entire..." everything works correct and furthermore, single use of this feature with SolidWorks window solves the problem until the moment you close SolidWorks or change the windows's size.

Have you encountered this problem since the time of your last message?

Rica Iii

Posted: 01/17/2017 00:47:26

Hi....i am a new user here. I want to know if you mean that the desktop divider's tiles aren't highlighted when you drag an explorer window  or the tiles are highlighted but windows refuse to fill tiles?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/17/2017 09:49:09

Hello, Rica

Have you encountered some problems with the Desktop Divider feature? Could you then describe them more detailed?

Also please specify the OS you're running (version, 32- or 64-bit edition) and our product you're running (namem version).

Best regards.

John Pagel

Posted: 01/31/2017 22:03:01

David and Rica,

David's right about the fact that the fix stops working once you close SolidWorks.  It seems that it is a temporary fix, I just didn't realize that when I posted the last message about the problem being solved.

Rica, I'll try to explain what was happening a little more clearly.  When I would grab a window to move it, the tiles would not show up at all.  I'm still not sure what caused it, but let me explain.

I had strayed from the default settings by unchecking the tile buttons under "Windows Settings>Default Settings>Tile Buttons".  But it wasn't until months afterwards that the Desktop Divider stopped working, although at the time I wasn't aware why.  You see, what was really happening (unbeknownst to me) was that AMM was not recognizing any of the windows that I had open.  However, the best indicator that your windows are not being recognized is a lack of tile buttons.  Since I had mine turned off anyway, there was no way to tell what the root cause of the problem was.  So, I rechecked Default Settings and the problem went away.  Apparently when I was changing the settings it messed something up.  I was happy to have the Desktop Dividers back but I was still stuck with the tile buttons which I did not want.  So, about a week later I reapplied the custom settings by removing the tile buttons.  I was expecting the problem to crop back up but it hasn't.  To add to that, even though I've changed the default settings, I think AMM still thinks that the default settings are applied.  The reason I think this is because the checkbox next to "Default Settings" on the left side menu is still checked.  I feel like it shouldn't be, but I'm also having no problems so I will not complain.

Hope that clears things up Rica, and that you didn't mind reading my life story in the meantime.

John

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/02/2017 09:30:33

John,

To add to that, even though I've changed the default settings, I think AMM still thinks that the default settings are applied. The reason I think this is because the checkbox next to "Default Settings" on the left side menu is still checked. I feel like it shouldn't be...
The name "Default Settings" doesn't mean that it is sort of preset with strictly defined settings and that it stops being "Default Settings" once you make any changes in it. "Default Settings" means that these settings are applied to any window that doesn't have Specific Settings or Exclusions that can be applied to it, i.e. settings that are applied to a window by default.

Best regards.

John Pagel

Posted: 02/03/2017 01:56:32

Bogdan,

That makes sense.  Thanks for letting me know that, I understand what's going on now.

Messages 11 - 17 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register