Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Glitch between AWM and Electron apps , AWM interferes with node/electron apps maximising » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2306

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 05/05/2016 18:03:58

Having spent ages trawling the node/electron forums trying to find out what I can't maximise the app I built, I finally traced it to AWM. It's a pretty complicated setup I'm afraid, unless you're already using node/electron, in which case, it's pretty trivial to reproduce. I'm using Win8.1 64bit, node 4.4.2, electron 0.37.8.

Symptom: Start electron app as 'normal' window, then click standard windows Maximise button. The window briefly maximises, then snaps back to its original restored size and jumps to location 0,0 (top left) on screen. Repeatedly clicking maximise will _very occasionally_ get it to 'stick' (usually after 4-5 in quick succession). When restored and maximised again, it goes back to refusing. Nothing shows up in the AWM log window during this behaviour. Turning of AWM, or adding a window exclusion for the electron app allows the window to maximise and restore perfectly normally.

If you have node/electron set up, this is all that's required in loader.js for the problem to show:

var app = require('app');
var BrowserWindow = require('browser-window');

app.on('ready', function() {
var mainWindow = new BrowserWindow();
mainWindow.loadURL('http://www.google.com/');
});

Instructions on setting up node/electron are here: http://electron.atom.io/#get-started

I really don't want to exclude the app from AWM, as the features are handy, but at the moment I'm afraid maximising is more useful :|.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/05/2016 21:14:40

Hello, David

The problem has been confirmed, we'll try to fix it.

What triggers this is the presence of AWM title buttons on the appliaction's title bar. As workaround, you can create specific settings for Electron application and disable all title buttons in this settings including the grouping button (in the lower part of the Title Buttons section) – the program will be maximized properly.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register