Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Taskbars not showing up - II , Taskbars not showing up » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1856

Mike Davis

Posted: 05/05/2016 05:17:19

In the past 2 days I have had an extremely difficult issue arise with regard to taskbars not appearing on any monitor other than the primary monitor.

I added onto another thread in this forum describing the same problem, but I afterward realized the existing thread was a month old, so I thought it might be best to start a new thread.

I am having the EXACT SAME issue as the other poster, and trying to correct it has led me to this forum.

I have all the same configurations as the original poster (AMM 8.8.1, Windows 7, 64 bit, default windows theme), with the exception that I am running version 8.8.1, and am not able to backtrack to an earlier version to obtain taskbars again. I have a 7 monitor set-up. I am not certain when I was upgraded to 8.8.1, so I am not able to offer if that is when the problem started.

I've tried system restore several times, and also uninstalling and reinstalling AMM, but no change, and all the taskbars on the monitors repeatedly disappear except the primary monitor.

About 10% of the time when I re-boot the computer, the taskbars will be there as expected, but then they disapear and there will be numerous re-boot cycles where I cannot get them to appear at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I have grown to rely on AMM and taskbars on each monitor so much, it is making it extremely hard to get anything done.

Thanks again for any ideas.
Mike

Mike Davis

Posted: 05/05/2016 05:38:06

I'm the original poster, and I want to add that I was able to uninstall version 8.1.1 as the sticky at the top of the forum explained, and re-install version 8.7, which seems to have corrected the disappearing taskbar issue as far as I can see.

I think what had happened was, I am set to check for updates automatically once a month, and in the last 3 days I had automatically downloaded 8.1.1 without realizing it.  

I've never had this issue before, so perhaps it is something stemming from the update to 8.1.1.

I just have to add I love AMM, and I'm in a panic without it.  I've been using it for 6 years and can't say enough good about it.

Thanks-
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/05/2016 19:15:26

Hello, Mike

The topic you're talking about is from 4th of May. I've replied to you in that topic.

Best regards.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/07/2016 01:24:42

The subject issue is fixed in the just released update 8.8.2.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register