Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Snap to Border » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5160

Mike Ted

Posted: 04/13/2016 01:49:54

Hello

I have Windows 7. I am running AMM with 3 Monitors which are in a row.  I would like to know how to configure the snap feature on the other horizontal borders besides the far Left edge and the far right edge. I would like to be able to put a window on half of the 3rd screen for instance.

I hope I explained it thoroughly

Thanks
-Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/13/2016 04:45:15

Hello, Mike

Besides the snapping to monitor boundaries, you can use snapping to a virtual grid with the specified cell size and snapping to Desktop Divider tiles (both options can be enabled here: Configuration module > Layout and Snap > Window Snapping section).
The latter seems to suit your needs, but to use this you need to enable the Desktop Divider feature, create layout for Divider's tiles and edit it in accordance with your needs.

Please, let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards.

FireRunt

Posted: 04/13/2016 05:26:49

Say what??

I don't understand any of what you said....

I need a complete walk through

Whatever is the easiest way for me to be able to make it work....

Thanks
-Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/13/2016 05:43:09

Mike,

What version of AMM are you running?

snap feature on the other horizontal borders besides the far Left edge and the far right edge
Could you clarify what exactly borders you're talking about? Not about the top and bottom monitor borders, right?

FireRunt

Posted: 04/13/2016 06:00:12

I'm running 8.8

I have 3 monitors. I want a way somehow to snap to whichever side of the monitor that I choose.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/13/2016 06:56:08

Are you talking about the Aero Snap feature (where a window is placed in the left/right half of a monitor upon dragging it and reaching the left/right border of the monitor)?

FireRunt

Posted: 04/13/2016 20:14:48

Yes.  Exactly.

I want to be able to do that on my middle monitor and the right side of my left monitor and the left side of my right monitor

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/14/2016 15:18:05

It can't be done exactly in the Aero Snap way, but the Desktop Divider feature will probably suit your needs. Please follow the link below to learn about Desktop Divider:
link.

To understand how it works, please do the following:
1 Open the Configuration module (double click on the AMM tray icon or open Actual Multiple Monitors > Configuration in the start menu);
2 Go to the Desktop Divider section (Layout and Snap > Desktop Divider) and enable Desktop Divider with Always mode
3 Go to Tile Layouts section (Layout and Snap > Tile Layouts) and create a new layout (the green plus button)
4 Then press Edit tiles, the tile editor will open. Edit tiles using the edit buttons or using the Grid Division generating tool. When you finish editing the layout, click the OK button to close the Tiles Editor and save your changes. Press Apply in the Configuration window
5 Drag any window - Desktop divider tiles should be highlighted. And when you reach the red frame with the mouse cursor the program will give you an option to put the window in the current tile - the whole tile are will be highlighted - and you can make it by releasing mouse button.

FireRunt

Posted: 04/14/2016 18:34:32

That's where everything is blurry. I cannot understand these dividers. The explanations and options that are in the program are very difficult to understand.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/15/2016 12:56:10

Have you read the description of Desktop Divider feature from Online User Manual, link to which was in my previous message?

I gave you step-by-step description of how to enable Desktop Divider feature. What exactly step causes difficulties?

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register