Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Maximize Window to Current Monitor Taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5437

Bob Cooper

Posted: 01/25/2016 11:41:21

On a 3 monitor setup in windows 8.1, with taskbar shown on all 3 monitors, I click on a program icon on monitor 2, and it maximizes onto monitor 1 (likely because it was initially started on monitor 1, and then moved to monitor 2 with win+shift+right)

How can I force a window to maximize on whatever monitor shows the taskbar it was clicked on? Also, is there a way to move an already maximized window on monitor 1, to monitor 2 by clicking on the icon on the monitor 2 taskbar?

To say that in another, summarized way, I see every icon for every open program, on 3 separate, identical taskbars. I would like whatever program I click on, to open on the same monitor it was click on, on.

I'm using Actual Window Manager v 8.6.2
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Also, I'm not using the feature to replace the system taskbar with the actual window manager toolbar because I also use "Startup Menu Reviver" which disappears when I choose to replace the system taskbar.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/25/2016 18:10:26

Hello, Bob

I click on a program icon on monitor 2, and it maximizes onto monitor 1 (likely because it was initially started on monitor 1, and then moved to monitor 2 with win+shift+right)
Could you give me an exact sequence of steps you make in this situation. As i understand, first you open program on the monitor 1, then move it to the monitor 2 via the hotkey. What is the next step? Do you minimize it before trying to maximize by clicking the icon?

How can I force a window to maximize on whatever monitor shows the taskbar it was clicked on? Also, is there a way to move an already maximized window on monitor 1, to monitor 2 by clicking on the icon on the monitor 2 taskbar?
There is the ability to do this via our program. You can set the particular mouse actions to do what you've described, but for now these actions only work for Actual Window Manager taskbar buttons, so if you want to use this feature, you have to replace the system taskbars with AWM taskbars.

I would like whatever program I click on, to open on the same monitor it was click on, on.
Have you tried the "Move to monitor at startup" feature? You can find it here: Configuration module > Window Settings > Default settings/particular Specific Settings > Startup > Move to monitor (or Position > Move at startup to monitor). In your case, you need to set it to "Having mouse pointer", so that a program opens in the monitor you have the mouse pointer, which practically equals to "Where you launch it".

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register