Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Lag while playing games.. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2512

yuppi cide

Posted: 10/10/2015 11:47:25

I am running the trial version of Actual Window Manager. I have 10 days left. I am trying to decide if I want to stick with this software or give something else a try.

I really only have one issue with the software. I'm not sure which features are part of what I use or not.. so I'm not sure I use the whole suite of software. All I really want is desktop on both monitors with taskbar and the ability for it to automatically know which monitor I like xxx software to open on and which one yyy will open on. Any other features I don't really pay attention to.

So anyway on to my issue.. my system specs are decent:

AMD FX-8350 4Ghz, 8 Core processor, AMD R9 290 video card,16GB memory, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Windows 7 64-Bit, etc.

My monitors are only about two months old.. dual 27" 1080p IPS 60hz

My scenerio:

With one monitor I used to get 300 FPS in Counter Strike Global Offensive game. I understand having only one video card and going to two monitors I'll lose some FPS. I think it went down to about 100-120 FPS. Fine. Certainly more then enough to play.

So, I have the game on my left monitor full screen windowed. I have settings on max. Let's say nothing is open on my right monitor.. or it could be something simple like Teamspeak or Chrome. But as soon as I move my mouse from the game to the second monitor my FPS drops to about 30-50 FPS. As soon as I move the mouse back in game, FPS goes back up.. soon as I move it out, FPS drops.

Is this normal? I don't know exactly which processor my friend has or video card model. I just know he has an Intel and an GeForce. On paper I have the better system, but that's debatable because there's that whole Intel vs AMD war and how people say some processors might be lower in Ghz, still perform better than AMD.

I am eventually going to build a new PC, because my motherboard doesn't support dual video cards I believe, but I'm just curious for now if this much loss in FPS is normal.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/22/2015 16:38:09

Hello, yuppi cide

Do you mean you use the ignore deactivation feature of AWM for the Counter Strike Global Offensive game window?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register