Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Questions before I buy - Virtual Desktop vs Desktop Divider ++ , Virtual Desktop vs Desktop Divider » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2107

Rune Winsevik

Posted: 06/17/2015 16:15:49

Hi,

I'm evaluating Actual Window Manager and have come upon a few issues that I must be addressed before I spend my money on it:

1. Is it possible to assign different desktop dividers to each virtual desktop? And I do not mean to manually switch to a Tile layout each time I switch to another Virtual Desktop, but that I can sel ect a Tile Layout per Virtual Desktop.

2. When I start an application from the task bar it does not start in the current Virtual Desktop. Instead what is happening is that Actual Window Manager switches back to the first Virtual Desktop and then opens the application there. Surely this isn't by design? Is there some way to make apps started from the task bar start in the current Virtual Desktop?

As a side note: If I start apps fr om shortcuts on the desktop itself, they seem to correctly start in the current VD.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/18/2015 14:01:35

Hello Rune,

Thanks for the post.

1. Is it possible to assign different desktop dividers to each virtual desktop? And I do not mean to manually switch to a Tile layout each time I switch to another Virtual Desktop, but that I can sel ect a Tile Layout per Virtual Desktop.
- We'll consider this as a feature request and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

2. When I start an application from the task bar it does not start in the current Virtual Desktop. Instead what is happening is that Actual Window Manager switches back to the first Virtual Desktop and then opens the application there. Surely this isn't by design? Is there some way to make apps started from the task bar start in the current Virtual Desktop?

As a side note: If I start apps fr om shortcuts on the desktop itself, they seem to correctly start in the current VD.
- Could you send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support), specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and list all applications (names, versions) you were able to reproduce the problem with? Are you starting these applications using pinned taskbar icons?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register