Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Memory limit for backgrounds? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2231

Wrebel

Posted: 03/08/2015 08:27:48

I have been using Actual Window Manager for quite some time (purchased) and there is one thing that has been consistently bothering me. I run 5 monitors total, one 3840x2160, one 1920x1080, and three in surround for 5760x1200. When set to show an individual slide show on each monitor it will always revert to solid color black background after several swaps. It doesn't seem to be always the same number, but never lasts half an hour at 5 min intervals. I have the screen saver set to the same settings as the backgrounds, and it seems to run fine. Currently on Windows 8.1, with 8.3 beta 2 of AWM. It has done this on every version I have installed, beta or not. if I only enable background switching on only one monitor it seems to be OK. However since the ability to have multiple monitor background switching was the main feature I was looking for when I purchased the software, I am less than impressed.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/13/2015 10:55:22

Hello Wrebel,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, we are still unable to reproduce the problem.

Do background pictures become black at the same time if you will adjust different "Change interval" on each display or with a delay (seconds/minutes)?

Could you provide us a screenshot of the Windows "Personalize" pane (background settings) when the problem will occur again?

Could you also run Windows Task Manager (details tab), add (if not added) "GDI Objects" and "User Objects" columns, make a screenshot/screenshots of all Actual Window Manager processes (starting with "ActualWindowManager") before the problem occurred and after?

You are able to send your reply to support@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register