New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 8.2.2 and Synergy 1.6.2 conflict , AWM with Synergy as a service causes strange keyboard behaviour » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9137

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/20/2015 18:56:12

David,

Unfortunately, I’m still unable to reproduce the problem.

Could you disable the “Activate window on mouse hover” option (Actual Window Manager -> Mouse -> Options -> Activate window on mouse hover) and check whether the problem persists or not?

If this will not help, please specify how exactly you run the Synergy service.

Are you able to temporary remove your clients configuration and check whether the problem persists or not?

Best regards.

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 01/25/2015 12:24:08

David, try this. Not all windows appear in the log list of AWM, some are hidden from there.

Add a global exclude that searches only for window titles/captions and contains the letters: ^$
Click the box to enable regular expressions.

Let me know if that fixes your issue.

(This should grab any hidden or nonexistent windows.)

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/26/2015 15:35:22

Thanks - I'm presuming I've done this right, by creating an exclusion with only 'Window caption' checked (no class or program)? In which case, I'm sorry to say it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

One thing I did notice is that the mouse pointer jumps to the centre of the task switcher window on Monitor 1 when I press Alt-Tab - is that normal behaviour, or could it indicate some other things to explore?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/27/2015 14:04:54

David,

Unfortunately, I didn’t find the “Install as a service” option when Synergy installs.

Here is the Synergy service (see attached screenshot). Do you have the same service?

Are you able to reproduce the problem with “Replace the system Task Switcher (Windows 8/8.1 only)” option (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar -> Replace the system Task Switcher (Windows 8/8.1 only)) disabled?

You should disable the the “Activate window on mouse hover” option (Actual Window Manager -> Mouse -> Options -> Activate window on mouse hover) and check whether the problem where the mouse pointer jumps to the centre of the task switcher window persists or not.

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/27/2015 18:51:12

Yes - that was the gist of my previous message. Synergy _used_ to offer this as an option, but now it is the only way to run Synergy, so it's not an option in the installer, and your service entry looks identical to mine.

I'd been searching all over for that option about the task switcher, and just couldn't find it - disabling that immediately causes the problem to vanish, and enabling again cause the problem to return. So, at least that's something! I'm not entirely sure what the difference is - they look identical, except that when the option is disabled (so using the normal 8.1 switcher I guess), no Chrome windows appear in the list of windows...

Does this get us any closer to the cause though? I can live without Chrome in the list for now, unless that's an easy fix :)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/02/2015 17:39:13

David,

Is the problem with Google Chrome reproducible with Actual Window Manager unloaded?
Could you provide me a screenshot of your Sticky Keys settings (Control Panel -> Accessibility Options -> Keyboard -> Use StickyKeys -> Settings)?
Are you running additional keyboard/hotkeys software? If yes, please specify the software (names, versions).

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register