Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM Subclassing Implementation » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3442

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/16/2014 18:37:47

My question is regarding how AWM Subclassing Implementation is performed. Specifically when a Specific Setting rule is created for an application, such as, MyProgram.exe, and that application is 'hooked' for the subclassing, do you have the ability to limit the subclassing just to the main or primary window?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/17/2014 19:12:42

Thank you for your question, Lars.

If this main window can be differentiated by its WindowClass and/or Window caption, this can be done using the corresponding criteria on the Target Window tab.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/18/2014 03:23:16

If this main window can be differentiated by its WindowClass and/or Window caption, this can be done using the corresponding criteria on the Target Window tab.

Did I understand your question correctly?
Perhaps. Let me extend my question.

So unless you can specify by the Window Class/Caption/Title a combination which can uniquely identify the program's "primary" window all other windows of the application will be hooked under the rule. This will have significant different results based on each application, depending on how the application uses the Window Class/Caption/Title.

Example: If you are able to uniquely identify the primary window for the application via this method AND all other windows in the application do not utilize that Window Class/Caption/Title combination then only the program's "primary" window will be hooked by AWM otherwise those windows in the application that match the Window Class/Caption/Title will 'inherit' AWM management, otherwise they will not. This can result in some windows not being controlled by AWM in an application, which otherwise appears to have all of its windows controlled by AWM, but a few may not.

Is the above correct? If not what am I not understanding correctly?

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/18/2014 15:40:46

Thank you for your post, Lars.

This behavior is described in detail in the Principles of Operation section of the Online User Manual.

Please read it and follow the links in the article and then tell me if you need any further explanation.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register