Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 4.4 and Remote Desktop , Problem with monitor move and alignment at startup » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6247

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/30/2007 03:42:29

I have a specific rule for Remote Desktop Client to move it to monitor 2 and align it to middle centre on startup. However I'd say the behaviour is erratic at best - I normally end up with a tiny little block of title buttons on Monitor 2 and no window, but as I've started trying out other settings I'm getting a rather random collection of effects, such as:

1. Bouncing from Monitor 1 (where the application always opens its window to start with) to monitor 2 and back again

2. Moving to monitor 2 but aligning to top left

3. Moving to halfway between the 2 monitor and aligning the centre of the window to the top of the desktop (so the entire top half of the window is now not visible at all)

The Windows Layout options are all disabled at the moment, in case that was the suspect...

Thanks,

David.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/30/2007 04:19:23

OK - bit of an update... It seems the reposition at startup and save position on exit were conflicting with each other somehow - if I disable the save position on exit option, the other 2 startup options (move to monitor 2 and align middle-centre) seem to work OK.

So presumably AWM processes startup position options first, and then restores the exit position - undoing any startup position options! Maybe these things should be mutually exclusive in the configuration window?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register