Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM4.4 conflict with SysTrayX & WS_FTP_Pro 2007 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7341

Andrew West

Posted: 04/19/2007 19:39:09

Observing new conflicts with a couple of programs since installing AWM4.4 (previously using 4.2, had downgraded back after a 4.3 attempt). Machine has been rebooted since the 4.4 install.

1) SysTrayX (a system tray icon manager, from www.xdesksoftware.com). AWM seems to frequently cause (when opening options? Don't have an exact reproducible sequence yet) the STX "About" box to spontaneously open minus its buttons. I have to choose the "About" option for STX (box then has buttons) and then [OK] to close this. An exclude rule (Program path, then Class) hasn't made a difference, and I have no custom rule for it.

2) WS_FTP_Pro 2007 (www.ipswitch.com). When trying to launch the program a little window with an icon and the word "Never!" would appear and the program would fail to fully launch. The "wsftpgui.exe" would be running but I had to task manager kill it. I originally had a custom rule for this program but deleted it and have since added an Exclude rule (Class only) by quitting AWM, starting WS_FTP_Pro, starting AWM and creating the rules. I've quick and reopened WS_FTP_Pro since then OK but haven't then rebooted the machine to fully test the whole setup.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/20/2007 06:01:29

Andrew, we will have to check it.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help