Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Docked Explorer Toolbars move (AWM 4.4) , Windows Explorer toolbars docked to top of Desktop move with AWM 4.4 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7197

Vince Arter, Jr.

Posted: 04/19/2007 07:13:20

Just upgraded to AWM 4.4. I use Windows Explorer Toolbars on the top of my screen (Desktop) for quick launch and also with TrueLaunchBar.

Since upgrading to AWM 4.4 when Windows loads and that top toolbar and then AWM load the toolbar moves like an inch down the screen so it isn't docked at the top anymore. I have to remove all of the toolbars to the Desktop (non-docked mode) and then move them back.

I unloaded AWM from autostarting and the problem goes away. This did not occur in 4.3.

I've also noticed that menus in some programs now always show up on the top left of my screen. Odd.

I can post screenshots and e-mail a config if you need but for now I'm not running AWM.

Vince Arter, Jr.  :cry:

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/19/2007 07:40:20

Dear Vince,

It would be better to see screenshots. But you can also try to  disable such feature as "Keep Layout": http://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/userinterface/opt_layout.php  

Vince Arter, Jr.

Posted: 04/19/2007 08:28:07

Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. I am attaching a screenshot in JPG format mid-quality (I think your forum must have a 50k size limit ... I can't read the error message on the forum). This was taken when everything was working fine with AWM 4.4 unloaded. I loaded it and right-clicked the top toolbar and it happened.

I did try what you asked (disabling the layout features), closed AWM, re-opened AWM and the problem seems to have gone away.

BTW ... I did try adding an exclusion rule for that (Explorer and Window class) and that didn't help before I did what you suggested.

Still thought I'd still include the screen shot in case you wanted to look at it.

Cheers,

Vince

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/20/2007 05:52:22

Thanks Vince

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list