New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 17 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 8.0.3 Graphic glitch on Windows 8 , Upgraded to 8.0.3, and now have ghost titlebuttons drawn on desktop » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10449

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 11/29/2013 17:10:34

Brilliant - that was much easier than I thought it would be! The culprit is Yammer Desktop (which is an Adobe Air app I think). I can pretty reliably create / remove the ghost buttons by launching / quitting Yammer...

Hope that helps,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/03/2013 17:23:33

David,

You should try to add Yammer Desktop to the exlusion list of Actual Window Manager to solve the problem.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 12/04/2013 17:12:57

Hmm. I guess I could. But that kind of defeats the purpose of AWM - I use it to control the Yammer window (restrict placement, auto-rollup, etc.).

For now, I'd rather put up with the ghost buttons if the problem is being worked on - I wasn't sure from your message whether it was or not...

thanks,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/04/2013 19:00:49

David,

I was unable to find the Yammer Desktop application.
Could you provide me a download link for this software?
Are you getting the problem immediately after launching your OS?

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 12/04/2013 19:08:36

You can grab the app from here: https://about.yammer.com/product/desktop-application/

I don't think you need an account to download / install it (although obviously it won't do much). Hopefully though it will let you see the problem. BTW, this doesn't happen on XP - I run the app on both.

The problem only starts once Yammer is launched - I use R2 Studios 'Startup Delayer' to launch things in sequence. But I can manually exit Yammer (problem goes) or launch it (problem appears).

Tx,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/05/2013 18:40:37

David,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Does the problem present when you launch Yammer but don't sign in?
If yes, could you send me your Configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuraion -> Send to Tech Support)?

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 12/05/2013 19:16:26

Hi,

Yes, it does happen even when I'm not logged in to Yammer. But in going to send you the configuration files, I thought I'd just try disabling my Yammer-specific rule and see if that fixed it, to help narrow down the search. It didn't - which made me think it must be the Default rule. I turned on logging and found there were 7 'New Window' events generated by Yammer.exe (only 1 matching my 'Yammer' rule), along with 2 'Caption Changed' events. I created an exclusion rule for the very first New window, and the ghost buttons have gone! Not sure why that would have helped, but it did. Interesting that the window handle is the same for both New window events - one which matched the rule and one which went to the Default rule. The Yammer rule itself still works as expected (hiding the window on launch, auto-rollup, etc.). I've attached the log from the Yammer launch in case it helps. I guess it's fixed for me, but it would be good to know what was happening in the first place...

Thanks,

David.

Messages 11 - 17 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login