New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Version 8.0 Uninstall , uninstall errors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11066

Derek Moss

Posted: 08/19/2013 02:20:18

Thanks Alex, that worked great.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/19/2013 03:35:28

Hello Alex,

I think you made a slight mistake in your response to Chris:
being a single person, you cannot use both computers simultaneously, which is the key condition in the new policy.
I think you meant can instead of cannot, thus stating "being a single person, you can use both computers simultaneously, which is the key condition in the new policy." Am I correct?

Best regards.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/19/2013 12:02:20

Good day gentlemen,

For the issue stated by Ryan, We are currently investigating it and we will send our solution as soon as we find it.

Best regards.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/19/2013 14:10:47

Okey gentelmen,

The sollution to the issue stated by Ryan, is to install one of the previous versions to the same folder and then try to uninstall.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/20/2013 05:02:36

Pim,

Thank you for keeping an eye on my language! :)

However, this time I believe that I used the correct word (but possibly in another sense):

I think you meant can instead of cannot, thus stating "being a single person, you can use both computers simultaneously, which is the key condition in the new policy." Am I correct?

- the point I tried to explain is following: being a human, you can't do work on two computers at the same time - at each particular moment you will be using only one machine (because of physical limits of a human body - sadly, it has only one head and just two hands so that you are unable to look at two monitors and/or type on two keyboards simultaneously ;) ).

Hope I have cleared my message. :)

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/20/2013 14:38:37

Hello Alex,

Yes, you are right: this morning I still had only one head and two hands when I checked in the mirror. Although I could argue that with two hands I could use two keyboards simultaneously  ;)  

I interpreted what you wrote indeed in a different (legal), since the discussion is about the license terms. If the sentence had been "... physically you cannot use both computers simultaneously ..." it would have been clear to me right away. Communication is a profession on its own. In my accounting business I always have to ask my clients a lot of questions. To phrase my questions clearly I always use more words than I personally think is necessary, because my experience is that clients often do not read the questions right, too quickly or just have a different interpretation. And even using many words they still occasionally read something else than what I meant or it appears that my question can still be interpreted differently, even though I had not expected that beforehand.

Aaah yes, language and communication ...  Sigh ... ;)

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register