Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Glitch with Skype V3.0 , Skype chat windows and autorollup » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8997

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/02/2007 10:53:17

I've been using the very useful autorollup feature for Skype chat windows for some time now, but just upgraded to Skype 3.0. It seems there's a slight problem now, which could easily be Skype's fault, but maybe you can have a look at it?

Basically, if you configure the chat window to autorollup on loss-of-focus, and unroll when regaining focus, all works OK, until you minimise the chat window to the taskbar by clicking on its icon in the taskbar. When you restore the chat window again, it doesn't have its text entry box at the bottom, making it slightly less useful as a chat window :). Note that this problem doesn't seem to occur if you minimise it from the normal Minimise button in the window. I think the chat window is momentarily losing focus when you click on the taskbar icon, as it rolls up and is then minimised. This perhaps confuses the Skype window about its size, and it does have some quite sophisticated dynamic resizing elements in it... I haven't found a way to get the entry box back yet, other than by closing it and reopening it from the main Skype control window.

Zaid Tariq

Posted: 01/02/2007 18:20:48

I had just excluded AWM from all of my programs that are minimizing to tray by default, they are:

MSN Messenger
Yahoo! Messenger
Network Magic
ExoSee
RAM Cleaner
Emule
BitSpirit
NOD32
Actual Booster

And there are many more .. but I normally keep AWM with every program that deals with default windows window (screen)  :D

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/03/2007 05:31:10

Skype chat windows don't minimise to tray by default - they go to the taskbar. So does the main skype window for that matter - it does go to the tray if you close it, but it was minimising I was having trouble with.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/05/2007 09:00:29

David, thanks for the report. The glitch is confirmed, we'll investigate it soon.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/20/2007 10:01:50

Unfortunately, we can't track down the exact reason of such undesired Skype 3.0 chat window's behavior but we have found a workaround for it: just provide some delay before the automatic rollup (on my machine 500 milliseconds were enough), and the issue will be fixed.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 02/20/2007 10:10:45

Thanks - a delay of at least 100ms seems to fix it (but less that this doesn't). I haven't tried every value, but I guess there's some processing that needs to happen somewhere, and 100ms is enough  :)  

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/17/2007 16:33:19

Sorry to open this one up again, but I've just noticed (this has probably been the case all along) that with AWM 4.5, although delaying rollup on Skype chat windows stops this happening when you minimise them, if you click the 'Show Desktop' icon in the quicklaunch bar, then no matter what the delay is set to, the Skype chat text entry box disappears...

Although this workaround is OK for most of the time, when you've got a lot of stuff scattered around the desktop, its a shame to lose the functionality of all the Skype chat windows by using this handy Windows feature...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/26/2007 02:11:04

Thanks for the report, David - yes, the bug is confirmed. We'll try to fix it in the next version or, at least, find a workaround for it.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register