New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Docked Directory Opus toolbar disappears , Compatibility issue with DOpus toolbars and some monitor layouts » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 29515

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 01/24/2013 17:57:55

The error on creating backup is a known issue and have the same cause, as the issue with not working button Send to Tech Support - you need to enable the Show Classic Shell Start Menu temporarily, enter its settings, change some options and then disable Classic Shell and press the Apply.
Thanks. I've done that now and the Backup / Tech Support buttons are working.

Could you send us Backup of the Directory Opus settings?
Hmm... for security reasons I'd rather not send my custom settings for menus and buttons, some of which include scripts with specific system paths and other sensitive information. It would take too long to go through each one and sanitise it for potential security risks.

If I get the chance over the weekend I'll create a default Opus installation from scratch, ensure that the problem still occurs, then send you the Backup of that configuration.

The longer this goes on without you able to duplicate it, the more convinced I'm becoming that it's a driver problem either with the graphics card or the monitor(s).

For what it's worth the primary monitor is an Iiyama ProLite E2475HDS @ 1920x1040 32bit 60Hz on the card's DVI output, and the secondary is a Samsung SyncMaster 940MW @ 1440x900 32bit 75Hz on the VGA port.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/25/2013 03:44:00

Hello Kevin.

Try to place the secondary under the primary and check whether the problem occurs.

Could you try to add the DO toolbars to the exclusion list - make the following exclusion: class:dopus dock, Program:\dopus.exe. Check whether it helps and let us know.

Best regards.

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 01/25/2013 10:42:36

Try to place the secondary under the primary and check whether the problem occurs.
I can confirm that the problem does not occur when the monitors are arranged this way, only when the secondary is above the primary.

Further experimentation has shown that the problem only occurs when the smaller, secondary monitor is above the larger one and overlaps it vertically. If the secondary is placed above and to the right so there's no vertical overlap like this...

User added an image

...or above and to the left, the problem with the toolbar does not occur.

I also tried defining the smaller monitor as the primary and the larger as the secondary, and rearranging into various configurations. The toolbar problem did not occur in any of those configurations.

One further thought: although it's implicit in the native resolutions quoted it wasn't explicitly stated that the larger monitor has a 16x9 ratio while the smaller is 16x10. Could this ratio difference be related to the issue I'm seeing? If something was telling the system that the larger monitor was 16x10 might that explain how the toolbar is disappearing off the bottom of the screen?

In case you're wondering, I did check whether the toolbar was 'hiding' behind the taskbar when it disappears. It isn't :)

Could you try to add the DO toolbars to the exclusion list - make the following exclusion: class:dopus dock, Program:\dopus.exe. Check whether it helps and let us know.
I tried that but it had no effect.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/28/2013 03:17:27

Hello Kevin.

If I get the chance over the weekend I'll create a default Opus installation from scratch, ensure that the problem still occurs, then send you the Backup of that configuration.
Have you tried to do this?

Best regards.

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 01/28/2013 13:46:21

I couldn't figure a way of getting a fully default Opus configuration without uninstalling and reinstalling, so I don't know whether this fault occurs out of the box.

What I did manage to do was to go though my own Opus configuration and remove any customisations I could find, including buttons, toolbars, favourites, FTP shortcuts etc.

What I ended up with was as stock as I think it's possible to get without reinstalling, with just the default Drives bar docked to the taskbar, and the fault was still present.

I have sent a copy of that Opus configuration (including Window positions but no other extra data) to the support e-mail address.

HTH

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/29/2013 00:29:50

Hello Kevin.

I'm still unable to reproduce the issue.

If it is not a big problem for you, i'd like to stop the attempts to reproduce.

If you wish, you can create a new user on the same PC, install both DO and our program and check whether the problem occurs.

Also you can send us the list of the processes for the current user account (Task Manager > Processes tab).

Best regards.

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 01/29/2013 01:53:25

I think I've nailed this.

If the secondary monitor has a Multi-monitor Task Bar that's set to Auto-hide, regardless of mode (Individual|Mirror|Mixed) this problem with the Opus toolbar occurs.

If Auto-hide is disabled on the secondary, or Multi-monitor Taskbars are disabled within the Multiple Monitors | Taskbar section of AMM preferences, the problem does not occur.

None of the individual options within Multiple Monitors | Taskbar (Modes, Pinning, Task Switcher etc.) has any effect. The only way to prevent the problem is to disable the whole feature, or disable Auto-hide on the secondary taskbar.

Note that this still only occurs if the larger monitor on the DVI port is primary. If the smaller analog monitor is made primary, the disappearing toolbar does not happen.

If you can't reproduce the problem now then it must be related to individual monitor and/or graphics card drivers on this system.

Also you can send us the list of the processes for the current user account (Task Manager > Processes tab).
Again, for security reasons I'd rather not be sending out a list of everything that's running on this system. Besides, I don't think it's a third-party program that's causing this (I already disabled all of the more likely culprits). More than ever I'm now convinced it's either an obscure taskbar-related bug in AMM (possibly one that only manifests at certain resolutions?) or a compatibility problem with my drivers.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/29/2013 07:31:54

Hello Kevin.

The issue has been confirmed.

Have no idea why the autohide option hasn't been inherited with the Backup of your configuration.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 01/29/2013 15:23:00

The issue has been confirmed.
Thank God! I was beginning to think I was losing my mind!

We'll try to fix it.
Thanks. It would be nice to get this fixed. My brain can't quite cope with the monitors being aligned differently in the physical and virtual spaces like I thought it would.

While I instinctively move things to the right when I want to drop them on the second monitor (thanks to months of muscle memory) I find when I'm dragging things back from the upper monitor I naturally try to drag them downwards. For now I'm running with the monitors aligned vertically and Auto-hide turned off on the secondary.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/06/2013 00:21:52

Hello Kevin

I'd like to inform you that the subject issue has been fixed. The fix is available in the Actual Multiple Monitors new version 5.0.3 (as well as in the new versions of other our programs that provide the relevant functionality).

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register