Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar pinning not working? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3157

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 01/12/2013 20:53:55

(W7 x64, AWM 7.4.1)

1. If I'm browsing through a folder in Windows, when I right click an .exe that I want to pin to the taskbar, it doesn't actually appear on the taskbar.

I wager that this is because I'm using AWM's taskbar replacement on all of my monitors, and perhaps the Windows Explorer extension to right-click and pin a file isn't being hooked.

Is it possible to have this functionality hooked by AWM? For now, I have to run the actual program, and then right click its icon on the taskbar to pin it -- not that big of a deal, of course, but perhaps its an easy fix.

2. If I right-click an icon of a running program on the taskbar and pin it, it only pins to the taskbar of that respective monitor. Is it possible to have pinning mirrored on all other monitors?

I wager this has to do with my setting of having "individual" taskbars across my three monitors. I need this functionality so that I can see what open windows are found on their respective monitors, but it would be great if the taskbar shortcuts/pinnings could be mirrored the same across all monitors.

For now, I have to manually bring a window to each monitor and pin it to the taskbar.

Again, not that big of an inconvenience, of course. But if it's not too difficult to implement, it would be most appreciated!

(...If I'm not already overlooking this functionality)

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2013 04:21:33

Hello Steve.

1. Actually with the .exe file context menu pin item you pin this .exe to the system taskbar. You're just unable to see it, because the system taskbar is replaced.

We'll consider the adding of such context menu item regarding our taskbar.

2. We'll consider this too.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register