New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] AMM 4.2 and Logitech Setpoint Volume Overlay » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 29539

shortkud

Posted: 09/01/2012 08:42:47

I think the appearance of SetPoint with the ctrl key is some setting as Kelly mentioned but I don't know where that is. I don't have that problem but I appear to have something related.

When I click on certain windows when AMM is running I will get the animation on my mouse cursor that is normally show when the option "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" is enabled in Windows (Mouse>Pointer Options Properties).  I can't find a way to get rid of that.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/03/2012 09:02:02

Hello Bogdan,

Pim, can the appearance of the window of SetPoint be associated with some settings of SetPoint (similar to the problem with CapsLock as was mentioned above)?
I think you are referring to this statement by Kelly Major:
I think you will find that your Logitech SetPoint software is configured to open when the caps lock key is on.
I do not see any such option in SetPoint, so I am curious what Kelly is writing about (maybe you can shed a light here Kelly). The only option I have in SetPoint (v6.32.7) related to CapsLock is to disable CapsLock. Moreover, if I revert back to AWM 7.1 (without an exclusion) the issues disappears, so IMO it cannot be a setting in SetPoint. If I use AWM 7.2 with no exclusion for SetPoint, I also get the same screen as my previous screenshot when I press CapsLock.

It also cannot be related to
I don't see anything in the change log that would cause this other then maybe the new compiler for the amm dll file.
because I am using Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I have read in the release notes that the new compiler was only used for the 64-bit version of AWM.

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/10/2012 02:30:10

Hello gentlemen.

Pim, thanks for the new info.

Shortkud, give me a step-by-step description of your actions. Are you activating the window from the thumbnail preview? Is it associated with SetPoint?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/26/2012 23:23:27

Hello everybody.

Finally i've got the keyboard and i can confirm the issues with SetPoint.

Pim, i think Kelly was saying about the status indicator of the Lock keys option (see the image), which enables indication for pressing these keys and doesn't open the configuration window, but somehow, when our program is launched, enabling this option causes opening of the config window on pressing the Lock key.

We'll try to fix it.

For now, exclusion with only matching to program (\SetPoint.exe) solves the problem.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/27/2012 13:17:36

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for your efforts and for keeping us up to date. I am looking forward to the fix.

And yes,
Pim, i think Kelly was saying about the status indicator of the Lock keys option
you are right. I had overlooked that option as it was not on the My keyboard tab, but it is indeed the option that makes SetPoint appear when pressing CapsLock.

Thanks again :!:

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2012 01:35:42

Hello Pim.

I just want to tell you that if you want to use your specific settings for SetPoint you can add an exclusion only affecting the overlays:

class: LOGIOSDMODELEX program:\SetPoint.exe

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/04/2012 03:10:41

Thank you Bogdan,

I have tested this and it works. I did however have to add class KEMUIMainWndClass to the specific setting. If only the program is selected (as I originally defined it), the described issues are still present.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2012 21:51:05

Hello Pim.

You're absolutely right, I by mistake have found the solution for the situation when the default settings are applied to SetPoint.

If you have the specific settings, besides making an exclusion you'll have to add class KEMUIMainWndClass to the specific setting, so that specific settings could be applied only to the SetPoint configuration window, not to overlays.

By the way, the issue has been already fixed, i think you'll see this in the next beta.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/05/2012 01:21:42

Hello Bogdan,

As always, many thanks, also for the fix that is in the "pipeline".

Have a great weekend!

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/29/2012 21:51:19

Hello gentlemen.

I'd like to inform you that the subject issue has been fixed. The fix is available in the Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors new beta versions - 7.3 beta 2 and 4.3 beta 2.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register