New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Desktop Profile and Nvidia Surround Problem » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14791

J F

Posted: 11/19/2012 02:41:07

Hi Bogdan

It's been so long since I sent you the info (and since I've tried to actually use AMM profiles since they weren't helping with my NVIDIA surround problem) that I don't know if I remember enough to answer your questions. I'd still love to be able to use AMM as a work-around for the NVIDIA/Windows issue, though! So as you suggest, I'll redo the procedure and while doing so make note of exactly when and how I make the backups.

Note that my main machine -  the one that is capable of running NVIDIA surround - is currently undergoing a hardware update/rebuild, including a new case, conversion to liquid cooling, lots of new internal wiring, etc. (it could be an entrant in "pimp my rig" ;)  ) so it's going to be down for at least the rest of this week. I'll do it as soon as it's back up. I'd also like to ask that once I send you the data, we try to work through it in a timely manner so that I don't forget the details again.

Thanks!
Jeff

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 11/19/2012 21:50:04

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello gentlemen.

Chris, I'm afraid this problem quite differs from yours, so please stop to confuse people.

Um....no...I have the same problem.  Again, it's related to Nvidia drivers.  You guys need to get hardware to test and support it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/20/2012 00:34:39

Chris, i reviewed the thread you've specified - there is no mention of problem with profiles. Maybe you meant this thread? If so, then try to make the same changes the profile makes, but via windows standard means with AWM disabled. For example in the resolution window manually change the monitors order while Nvidia SLI is running, and check whether it will corrupt the Nvidia SLI configuration?

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 11/20/2012 09:54:47

Bottom line.  Get the right hardware and test.  That's what I've been asking for 6 freakin' months now.  When's it going to happen?  I've spent time with a developer ON MY SYSTEM.  Before the Nvidia driver updates this didn't happen.  Until you have the same/similar hardware to create the same problem, then it's pissing in the wind.  Personally I'm getting tired of getting the runaround and waiting endlessly for a fix.  Get it fixed, or I'll find another product that will do what I need.

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register