Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM7, issues » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4194

Wolfie

Posted: 03/21/2012 05:46:50

So far liking the more logical and easier to navigate settings/options.

Here are a few problems I've noticed though.

• Virtual Desktops: the target monitor is getting a black background.  Not sure why, as I have the background color set to be the same for all monitors (no images).  My monitor layout is Monitor 1 (main) with Monitor 3 (only other monitor active) is attached to the upper right of Monitor 1. (So to get to Monitor 3, I have to go through the upper right corner of Monitor 1).  When viewing the personalization options, the background is showing as an image where the lower right corner is black and the rest of it is the desired background color.  However, despite this, the background is black (but I would think would be affected by the upper right corner of the image, thus showing the proper color).

Actually just tested this and here's something else.  Having one background color for the VD doesn't make any difference on the background image being generated.  In the Windows background changer, the image shown doesn't reflect the choice for the VD.  That aside though, I think what may be happening, and may be a Windows issue (just a guess), is that the image is being aligned at the main monitor level instead of being properly adjusted/aligned to show on all monitors.  Or to say it differently, it's starting where the upper left corner of Monitor 1 is at instead of starting even higher up.  So instead of pixel 0,0 being the bottom left of the background image, it's instead the left middle of the image.  I hope you get what I'm saying, it's hard to explain.

• Virtual Desktops: I have two active monitors but four are showing, with one of them (an inactive one) being faded out.  The extra that's not in use isn't faded and acting as though it's available for use.  However when viewing the options to arrange the layout of the monitors, that 'extra' isn't even showing.  That faded monitor shows (and has a '2' in it) but not the mystery fourth.  In short, it's showing a monitor that not only isn't active, but isn't even recognized as being an available option by Windows.

• Not sure if this is a bug or meant to be a feature but it's bugging me.  When I use the drop down menu to select an option say "stay on top", then anytime I go to choose the menu again, the menu icon (double down arrows) turn to the icon of the last action used and clicking on it executes that same option (so stay on top toggles on/off and the roll up toggles, etc).  If I right click I can get the menu again.  If it's a feature, is there a way to disable this 'feature'?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/02/2012 03:46:30

Hello Wolfie,

Thanks for the post.

Virtual Desktops: the target monitor is getting a black background. Not sure why, as I have the background color set to be the same for all monitors (no images). My monitor layout is Monitor 1 (main) with Monitor 3 (only other monitor active) is attached to the upper right of Monitor 1. (So to get to Monitor 3, I have to go through the upper right corner of Monitor 1). When viewing the personalization options, the background is showing as an image where the lower right corner is black and the rest of it is the desired background color. However, despite this, the background is black (but I would think would be affected by the upper right corner of the image, thus showing the proper color).

Actually just tested this and here's something else. Having one background color for the VD doesn't make any difference on the background image being generated. In the Windows background changer, the image shown doesn't reflect the choice for the VD. That aside though, I think what may be happening, and may be a Windows issue (just a guess), is that the image is being aligned at the main monitor level instead of being properly adjusted/aligned to show on all monitors. Or to say it differently, it's starting where the upper left corner of Monitor 1 is at instead of starting even higher up. So instead of pixel 0,0 being the bottom left of the background image, it's instead the left middle of the image. I hope you get what I'm saying, it's hard to explain.
- Could you send me (support@actualtools.com) screenshots of the standard Screen Resolution window, "Actual Window Manager -> Virtual Desktops" and "Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Monitors Layout and Settigns" panes?
Could you also send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?
Where have you set desktop background color?

Virtual Desktops: I have two active monitors but four are showing, with one of them (an inactive one) being faded out. The extra that's not in use isn't faded and acting as though it's available for use. However when viewing the options to arrange the layout of the monitors, that 'extra' isn't even showing. That faded monitor shows (and has a '2' in it) but not the mystery fourth. In short, it's showing a monitor that not only isn't active, but isn't even recognized as being an available option by Windows.
- Could you send me some screenshots of the problem with a description of which monitors are active?

Not sure if this is a bug or meant to be a feature but it's bugging me. When I use the drop down menu to select an option say "stay on top", then anytime I go to choose the menu again, the menu icon (double down arrows) turn to the icon of the last action used and clicking on it executes that same option (so stay on top toggles on/off and the roll up toggles, etc). If I right click I can get the menu again. If it's a feature, is there a way to disable this 'feature'?
- This is a feature. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable this feature.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register