Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Window Menus » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17192

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/11/2011 08:57:06

Couple issues I'm having:

1)  When I click on a menu item or right-click a program option in any program where the menu pops up in weird places.  If I disable AWM, then menus open where I expect them to.  It's like AWM is moving the menu location.

2)  This kind of goes with #1.  I have a program fixed to only open on my 2nd monitor.  Whenever I get a popup or notification, or any child window opens, it will either display over the entire window, or be as small as possible and I can't click anything.  If I try and click the AWM menu bar to resize, sometimes it's cut off and I can't see enough to see what I'm selecting past the first or second line.  Again, when I disable AWM, windows and their childs, notifications, etc., all act as they normally would.

Thanks!

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/15/2011 15:20:16

bump

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/17/2011 09:09:52

yes / no?

Can an admin explain why my questions are being ignored?  Seems everyone else is getting an answer.

Robert Morris

Posted: 08/17/2011 10:10:44

Chris Miller wrote:
yes / no?

Can an admin explain why my questions are being ignored?  Seems everyone else is getting an answer.

I have the same problem.  If the developers don't have an answer they just ignore the question.

Bob Morris

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2011 01:08:52

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response.

1. Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

2. What application (name, version) do you have this problem with?
Could you attach several screenshots of this problem to your mail with configuration files?

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/18/2011 09:40:32

Vasiliy,

I have sent the support files.

ANY application that I isolate to a specific region of any monitor causes this problem.  Every app I've tried does this, but I mainly uses VMWare vSphere 4.1u1 client and Remote Desktop Manager.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/22/2011 00:07:45

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the message.

Could you turn off the "Relocate split windows" option (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Default settings -> Position tab) and check whether the problem still persists or not?

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/22/2011 07:35:47

Did not help.  Right-click menus are still popping up everywhere but where they should, and notification and question boxes are resized too small to see all content.

No change at all.  I tried turning several other things off with no change either.  Only way to stop it was to stop AWM.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/22/2011 09:18:44

Hi Chris,

Without going into the specifics of your problem, I have a suggestion you may want to try. I have seen a couple of cases with similar behaviour of menus popping up in different places or too big/small, immediately disappearing etc. With me the culprit always was that I had not defined the target window well enough. It may seem to be well defined at first when you open the program because with the main program window it does what you want it to do. But when opening another window/menu from that program window it may very well be that this new window/menu does not meet the definition of the target window and therefore does not follow the specified settings.

What I have found useful is to play around with the various options in the definition of the target window, i.e. sometimes including Window class, sometimes excluding it. This also for the other options (Windows caption and Program). Sometimes it is a particular combination of these items that does the trick. This can involve some labour. Unfortunately there is no easy way around it, because menus tend to disappear when you want to use one of AWM tools to find the specifications of that window, like "Sel ect Window fr om list". For me, I have always been able to find the right settings after some tweaking. I hope for you it is the same and that you can solve your issue.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/24/2011 02:58:53

Hello Chris and Pim,

Pim, you are most likely right.

Chris, you should turn on the "Window class" and "Window caption" items in your Specific settings (Cisco IM, Remote Desktop Manager and vSphere Client).

If this does not help, please, send me (support@actualtools.com) a message with particular window menus that have this problem and screenshots of them.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register