Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «GENERAL MAPI FAILURE whenever trying to send error reports , When AWM crashes it asks to send a report, and it never works » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14641

Jim

Posted: 07/25/2011 10:55:22

Hi, I have Outlook 2003 installed and working fine.  Whenever Actual Window Manager crashes, it asks if you want to send an error report.  It always fails with "GENERAL MAPI FAILURE".  How can I resolve this so I don't have to manually send error reports?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/15/2011 04:42:00

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response.

Could you check whether Outlook (windows xp: Control panel -> Internet options -> Programs -> E-mail) is chosen as a default E-mail program or not?

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 08/15/2011 13:38:32

Hi Vasiliy, I have confirmed that it is set as the default e-mail handler in the above applet.  I have other programs that initiate e-mail sending from within them, and they work OK.  It seems to be something specific to Actual.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/17/2011 04:01:30

Hello Jim,

Do you have the "Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar" option turned on in Outlook options?

If yes, could you try to use fixmapi.exe to solve this problem?

Please, inform me about your results.

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 08/17/2011 11:01:28

Vasiliy, the aforementioned option IS checked.  I tried unchecking/rechecking it.  Also, I ran C:\WINDOWS\system32\fixmapi.exe.  There's no confirmation/dialog box so I don't know if it did anything.  

Is there a way I can invoke the "crash and send a report" logic in Actual so I can test to see if this is fixed?  Or a way I can intentionally crash Actual?  I should have noted, other e-mail functions like "Sending configuration files to Tech Support" work just fine in Actual.  It's only this error report sending functionality that I've found doesn't work.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2011 01:25:51

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the message.

I don't know how to invoke the "crash and send a report" logic.

The "Send error report" command uses the same mechanism of e-mail sending as the "Sending configuration files to Tech Support" command.

Did the "Sending configuration files to Tech Support" command work fine on your computer but the "Send error report" command not? Am I right?

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 08/22/2011 16:46:05

Vasiliy - the Send Error Report is the one that gives a "GENERAL MAPI FAILURE".  "Sending configuration files to Tech Support" works just fine.  I know, it's weird, I figured they used the same mechanism/method too.  But the error report sending never works, and config files do.  It's been this way for the last few builds.  I haven't had actual crash on v6.6 yet so haven't had a chance to try it again.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2011 22:44:20

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the response.

Release versions don't have the Sending of Error reports option.

Could you wait for the next beta version release and send me a message if the problem still persists?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register