Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Problem with command prompt windows and console applications , Console apps has a long break before work » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10555

Urmel

Posted: 06/07/2011 20:29:52

I've updated my registered version of the Actual Window Manager to the current version 6.5. This on my tower pc and my notebook.

After the update, the support of command prompt windows and console applications is buggy (on both machines).

I work (among other utilities) with the JP Software utilities 4NT (v.7.01) and Take Command Console (TCC) (v.12.10) and the console version from the Semware Editor Professional. The JP Software utilities are very strong enhanced replacements of the Windows command line window (cmd.exe). I work with Windows XP Professional SP3.

When I start 4NT or TCC there is a long break until the Title Buttons will be displayed. In this time, no command can be entered onto the command line.

When I start a batch file which calls the Semware editor the break appears again until the Title Buttons will be displayed in the title bar of the window. (The same window from 4NT but now actual under control from the Semware editor).

From time to time Windows notify that there is no answer from the console window. A long time after this message, the console Window runs further until the next break...

The files ActualToolsConsoleHelper.exe and ConsoleHelper.dll are excluded from processing by the Avira AntiVir Premium software.

I call these console utilities innumerably times within a day. So I have uninstalled the current version of the Actual Window Manager and installed the previous version 6.4 again.

I use the Actual Window Manager registered since version 6.2. All versions since this version inclusive version 6.4 have no problem with command prompt windows or console applications.

I hope, that you can find the problem, so that I can reinstall a fixed version of the new Actual Window Manager.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/08/2011 04:41:57

Hello Urmel,

Thanks for the post.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Urmel

Posted: 06/08/2011 20:12:53

Hello Vasiliy

I'm happy to read your answer.

I would like to upgrade to new versions.

I like the Actual Window Manager and I wouldn't like to work without this good piece of software!

Thank you, for your effort.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 06/15/2011 03:06:35

Hi Vasiliy,

Whilst I'm certainly also having the problem with the console application, I wonder if it might go a bit broader than this - since the update to AWM6.5, I'm noticing my whole machine 'pausing' for several seconds. It's infrequent and fairly random, so sorry I can't help you track it down at the moment. All I can say is that for the brief period I 'stopped' AWM (i.e. just using the taskbar option, not quitting entirely), I didn't see the effect. Obviously that doesn't prove anything, but just to let you know...

Cheers,

Dave.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/15/2011 22:49:21

Hello David,

Thanks for the message.

If you'll notice any regularity with these pauses, please inform me.

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 06/28/2011 11:49:49

Subscribed, having this issue with Command Prompt windows too since build 6.5, waiting for a fix.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/29/2011 22:32:22

Hello gentlemen,

The bug has been fixed.

The fix be available in the next update.

Best regards.

Urmel

Posted: 07/14/2011 18:36:47

The bug has been fixed.

The fix be available in the next update.

Thank you very much!

Now the console apps runs as quickly as before and I'm very happy :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register