Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «PuttyCM & Putty taskbar buttons , AWM displays taskbar buttons that PuttyCM should've hidden » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10866

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 03/07/2011 02:57:51

Hi,

As a developer, when working with remote systems it's needless to say that Putty is a great tool. However it has a minor flow for most people, no tabs, which in my case is a major flow since I need at least 18 simultaneous connections :D. Enter PuttyCM, a small utility that hides Putty's taskbar buttons, and provides you from its interface with tabs.

My problem is that AWM somehow draws those hidden taskbar buttons (see attached image). A quick stop/start solves it but I was hoping you could try and fix it from the start.

I'm using:
- Win XP sp 3
- AWM 6.4 with "Replace primary taskbar" option enabled
- PuttyCM 0.7.1 BETA (they've been having some problems with their site so let me know if you need me to mail you the app)

Thanks,
C

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/09/2011 01:59:53

Hello Corneliu,

Thanks for the message.

Please, try to create specific settings to your Putty with turned on the "Remove taskbar entry" option (Startup tab).

Please, inform me about your results.

Best regards.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 03/09/2011 02:30:14

Hi Vasiliy,

Nice idea, unfortunately with that setting enabled, PuttyCM does not display the Putty window any longer. My guess is that being processed by AWM it's somehow unable to get the application handle and do its thing.

P.S.
Had this solution worked, as a sidenote I was wondering whether it would be worth having in the "Target window tab" the possibility of also defining the process' parent. This way, one would have the taskbar button hidden when started by another process (in my case PuttyCM), and would display it when started "standalone" (mainly by Windows Explorer)

Cheers,
C

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/14/2011 02:24:39

Hello Corneliu,

Could you send installation files of Putty CM to support@actualtools.com?

Best regards.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 03/22/2011 02:36:42

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late response. You should have in your inbox both my AWM config and the archived PuttyCM executable.

As a side-note the same thing happens when using mRemoteNG (http://www.mremoteng.org/). This might be of some help to you because it's open source and under active development, so I guess you can take a look in the source code to understand how it handles the Putty windows.

Also, for some reason not all the Putty sessions get a taskbar button. Some of them actually work Ok so my advice is to open a few connections.

Kind regards,
C

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register