Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Strange visual studio behavior , Child window and second taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7282

jb riguet

Posted: 06/21/2010 09:51:35

Hi,

i'm testing AWM at work, as it combine every feature i need in one tool instead of multiples (and conflicting ones) but i have a strange behavior with visual studio (reproducible avec the paint.net toolbars, and probably other software) (and i didn't find anything in the forums, but if i missed something, thank for linking me any topic).
So, the problem is on the second taskbar AWM add to my second screen. As i have the main (VS2008) form on one screen, and the debugging forms on the other screen, when i click in my code (mainform, screen one) the main windows taskbar get a button with this application. If i click on the other form (screen 2), the AWM taskbar then got a button of this application, but the main taskbar is losing it. As i have often more than 20 different windows on my desk, coming back to this one might be unpractical.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot, might be the software i was looking for, just one tiny (maybe not) bug :)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/28/2010 04:55:51

Hi,

Thank you for the report. It's not a bug, it's the way AWM tracks open windows and their corresponding taskbar buttons.

As the debugging forms belong to Visual Studio, its taskbar button jumps to the monitor where its current active window is.

In your opinion - how should it work? Thanks!

jb riguet

Posted: 06/28/2010 09:04:38

Hi, first, thanks for your answer :)

Then, for a coherent behavior, in my opinion, it should not jump from one taskbar to another. So, you can either make it appears on both taskbar, or lock it on one taskbar (and by extension, make it overridable in the Specific Settings of Window Settings (like a combobox letting user choose the behavior (jump/both/locked on one taskbar))). (But I don't know what's possible :p)

Voila, thank you very much.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/28/2010 12:43:26

Thank you for the explanation.

I have added your request to our wishlist. We will discuss it and think what can be done to improve the situation.

Thanks again!

Marc T

Posted: 07/12/2010 18:29:43

I agree that the current behavior is not what I expect. I'd like the taskbar icon to stay with the primary window instead of tracking the active dialog. If the application creates a new taskbar icon specifically for it (such as with multiple Firefox windows), it should keep the current behavior and put an icon on each taskbar.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2011 13:48:41

Gentlemen,

In the version 6.6/3.3 we have made some changes that should improve the situation (at least, with Visual Studio). Please check it out.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register