New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Position Function Leaving a Gap » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6490

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 08/03/2016 04:09:27

With further testing, turning on "block premature appearance of window" does in fact seem to correct the issue. So will disabling "block premature window" be the official "fix" for this issue and is there I way I can globally disable the "block premature window" option for all my window specific rules?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/03/2016 17:42:32

Yes, it appears to be official fix/workaround. The fact is that Desktop Window Manager (which is the only alternative for presenting Windows desktop since Win8) uses some shifts when drawing windows, and we can't detect them until window is really shown. That's why disabling the "Block premature appearance" helps: window gets visible -> DWM knows its size and calculates the shifts -> Align knows the shifts and can adjust window position in accordance with them, removing the unwanted gaps.

Unfortunately, since the version 8.8 there is still no way to adjust multiple specific settings at once. As a workaround, you can install any previous version 8.x (like 8.7 or earlier) into a separate folder and modify multiple specifics running the Configuration from there, then save the changes and uninstall the previous version. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register