Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Different Virtual Desktop on different monitors » on forum: General   Views: 7334

Jackson Allen

Posted: 07/29/2009 14:35:41

I have just started using AWM and do not have a second monitor attached to my PC yet. I have read through a lot of documentation but I have not seen anything about different Virtual Desktops on each monitor. It seems as if multiple monitors are treated as one big Virtual Desktop of which you can have many.

What I want to do is have say 3 Virtual Desktops assigned to monitor 1 and 3 different Virtual Desktops assigned to monitor 2. So selecting one of the Virtual Desktops on monitor 1 does not do anything to what is on monitor 2 and vice a versa.

Then it would be nice to have some number of Virtual Desktops assigned to both monitors. When selecting one of them, both monitors would be affected.

So is any of the possible now?

Or will it have to be an enhancement if it can be done at all?

Jack Allen

Jack Allen

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/30/2009 05:58:29

Dear Jack,

Unfortunately, now our program can't help you to solve the problem. I added your wish to our list of future changes. We'll thinking about a realization of the ability.

Best regards.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Jackson Allen

Posted: 07/30/2009 10:07:55

Thanks.

I hope it will not be too far in the future because I could really use the feature now.

Jack Allen

Jack Allen

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/09/2011 04:02:27

I'm glad to inform anyone interested in the subject feature that it is finally available in the recently released beta 2 of Actual Window Manager 6.5 and beta 1 of Actual Virtual Desktops 3.0.

Please check it out and tell us if it satisfies your demands. Thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register