Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows inside other programs , Handling windows in Revit » on forum: General   Views: 2521

Seb A

Posted: 04/26/2016 14:33:17

Hi

As a avid drawer in Revit at my work, we always have to move windows with drawings around constantly. If the layout feature could be implemented to work in other programs what would be neat.

How hard is this to do? I dont know if its even possible now, I have been trying to make it work, but alas I cannot.

Thanks in advance.

- Sebb

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/26/2016 21:46:34

Hello, Seb

Are you talking about the ability to use the Desktop Divider feature inside a particular application main window to manage its inner windows?

Seb A

Posted: 05/03/2016 13:19:14

Yes that is exactly that I meant.

:)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/06/2016 18:41:03

Seb A,

Our programs support child windows within multi-document interface (MDI) applications which means some features including Align and Aero snap feature within the main application window work for the sub-windows. I'm not sure whether Revit is MDI application or not, but could you check if these features work for the Revit's sub-windows and if the sub-windows are affected by our program (they should have the grouping button on the title bar and the additional window menu items).

If these features work, could you tell whether they suit your needs?

What our product are you running?

Seb A

Posted: 05/10/2016 13:54:24

The snap feature do in fact work inside revit, as it can snap to the "inner edge" of the program. If you take a look at the picture that I have uploaded you can see how it looks for me, and also what features I am able to use in the child windows as you call them.

Revit is def. an MDI app.

I'm not sure what prodact means. Im using AutoCAD Revit 2015 with MEP and MagiCAD addons.

Thanks for your support y'all rock!

/Sebastian

PS Sorry for my late answers :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/12/2016 03:50:45

I'm not sure what prodact means
Sorry, i meant "product". I've fixed that.

What our product are you running? Actual Window Manager or Actual Multiple Monitors?

The snap feature do in fact work inside revit
So, do these features suit your needs?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register