Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windowed full-screen? Transparent title-bar only? Mouse/Clipboard... » on forum: General   Views: 2532

badbob001

Posted: 02/05/2016 23:59:36

Hi, I'm evaluating AWM 8.7 on windows 7.

Chrome has an extra large titlebar when windowed. When I have several chrome windows aligned on a monitor, a lot of visibility is lost due to the large titlebars. Is there a way to maximize or f11/full chrome and yet still have chrome restricted to the current window dimensions? Or maybe windowed-virtual desktops? Or someway to reduce the size of the titlebar?

Often it is hard to identify which window is active and so I may type and have the input ends up in the wrong window. Windows 7's aero doesn't offer many options to differentiate active and inactive windows (active and inactive windows share the same color). I know in AWM there is a transparency option for inactive windows but I also don't want the look of inactive content to change. Is there an option to only make the titlebar (or some other non-content element) transparent? Or maybe just have a colored border around the active window?

I see there is an option to activate the window on mouse hover. Is there an option to only active upon mouse scroll?

The clipboard history could be useful. If I need to paste a few things repeatedly, is there a keyboard shortcut option to paste directly fr om a particular item in the clipboard history? For example, I copy three items to the clipboard: apple, pear, orange. Then a ctrl-alt-1 would paste orange, ctrl-alt-2 would paste pear, etc. This would be faster than having to view the history and choose an active item to paste. Or maybe have a special section of the clipboard history wh ere the content is not affected by normal copies but need a special combo to change (eg: ctrl-shift-1 to copy to slot 1 and ctrl-alt-1 to paste from slot 1).

Thanks,
Robert

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/10/2016 19:26:02

Hello, Robert

You can use the Restrict placement feature for Chrome (Configuration window > Window settings > Specific Settings for Chrome > Position tab > Restrict placement) to set the area where the Chrome window can be allocated. Then, if you maximize the Chrome window, it will be maximized to that area, so the title bar will be reduced. But the full screen mode doesn't work well with Restrict placement feature.

Is there an option to only make the titlebar (or some other non-content element) transparent? Or maybe just have a colored border around the active window?
Unfortunately, there is no such feature. We'll consider this as a feature request.

I see there is an option to activate the window on mouse hover. Is there an option to only active upon mouse scroll?
Unfortunately, there is no such feature. Does left click on window not suit you?

If I need to paste a few things repeatedly, is there a keyboard shortcut option to paste directly fr om a particular item in the clipboard history?
We'll consider this as a feature request.

Or maybe have a special section of the clipboard history wh ere the content is not affected by normal copies but need a special combo to change (eg: ctrl-shift-1 to copy to slot 1 and ctrl-alt-1 to paste from slot 1).
Does the Clipboard Templatest not suit you?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register