Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Receiving Multiple Emails on Single Posting , should be one but receiving two » on forum: General   Views: 5872

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/09/2014 19:13:12

Periodically I find I'm receiving "two" email messages for a single thread posting. This occurs with when I post or when someone else posts, however, it is not consistent as some postings by other people generate only one email notice.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2014 21:57:56

Dear Lars,

thank you for your post!

May it be that this is because of the similar names of a few topics you have created lately - AWM 8.2 - Final (no matter what description is)? These topic names are used as a subject of a generated email, and descriptions are not used in subject.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/11/2014 01:23:49

May it be that this is because of the similar names of a few topics you have created lately - AWM 8.2 - Final (no matter what description is)? These topic names are used as a subject of a generated email, and descriptions are not used in subject.
Would that account for the description of the text to be the same? When it happens I receive both emails within a few seconds of each other.

Sincerely,
Lars

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/12/2014 01:28:03

Informational message from www.ActualTools.com
------------------------------------------

New message on the forum at www.actualtools.com.

Topic title:
AWM 8.2 - Final

Message author: Alexander Mihalkin
Message date: 10.10.2014 21:57:23
Message text:

Dear Lars,

thank you for your post!

Best regards.

Message address:
http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=3280&MID=14775#message14775
Automatically generated message.

To change the subscribe settings, please, visit this page: http://www.actualtools.com/forum/subscr_list.php

This is an example of the odd email dispatch behavior. Please see the bold are of the "Message address" as that link is not this thread but another.

While this thread, which is the one the posting applies is actually this link:
http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=3283&MID=14793#message14793

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/13/2014 18:44:14

Dear Lars,

thank you for your posts.

Could you please go on with posting these undesired events in this thread so we could take a closer look at the situation? I mean, please copy and paste these emails here when the link is wrong and when you receive 2 similar emails instead of one.

Thank you.

UPD: Extra question - are the links wrong only in duplicate email notifications?
Moving the topic to General.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/14/2014 01:22:52

Could you please go on with posting these undesired events in this thread so we could take a closer look at the situation? I mean, please copy and paste these emails here when the link is wrong and when you receive 2 similar emails instead of one.
Will do. The duplicates are not common, but will post when received.

UPD: Extra question - are the links wrong only in duplicate email notifications?
Only received one email where the link selected the wrong thread. Hadn't seen that before and made me think the link is being or could be manually inserted before being sent, and hence just a human error.

Will post/notify if another wrong link is in an email notification.

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/14/2014 17:52:45

Thank you in advance, Lars!

FYI, these notification emails are generated automatically.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register