Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title Button for "Previous" monitor , Request to Add additional Title button » on forum: General   Views: 3721

William Alberto

Posted: 07/24/2014 07:27:54

Hello, I'm currently testing out Actual Window Manager version 8.1.4, we use 3 monitors at work so i'm mostly interested in having additional taskbars and the title buttons for each window.  So far it's working great, it comes with the "Next" monitor title button which moves a window to the right, but was wondering if there's a title button for "previous" monitor (moving it to the left monitor) as well as an icon that points to the left.  As i mentioned we use 3 monitors at work and it would be helpful having the buttons to move to the left monitor.  My workaround for now is running a program that launches keystrokes that moves a window to the left monitor.  It works for now, i guess, but it doesn't professional?

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/24/2014 15:53:17

Thank you for your message, William!

The 'Move to previous monitor' title button is not available, but there are
  • hotkeys (Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions -> Multiple monitors) which can be assigned by a user including 'Move to previous monitor';
  • you can right-click (or hold left mouse button) on the 'Move to next monitor' title button to invoke a menu which allows you to select a certain monitor to move a window to;
  • you can add and assign your own hotkey at Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions -> Custom and configure it to move a window to a specified monitor;
  • and you can add a custom title button for moving a window to a specified monitor.
Hope this helps!

support@actualtools.com

William Alberto

Posted: 07/25/2014 07:47:06

Thanks for the reply. I'm using hotkey as workaround.  The right-click and move to another monitor is nice, but I would rather have an actual button to just move it to the Left monitor, it's just faster and I'm sure users would prefer a singe click. Any chance that feature (Previous monitor Title button, moving to left) can be added?

I ran into a minor issue with the title button, somehow on our of applications (Tax application, we are an accounting firm), the Title buttons would not stay still, it kept moving or shifting causing the Tax application to freeze up?  Any ideas how to make it work, as a workaround, i can exclude those Tax applications from using any Title buttons (i rather not if possible)?  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/25/2014 16:57:31

Thank you for your reply, William!

As I previously said, you can add a custom title button to move a window to the specified monitor. Let me know if you need directions how to do that.

In order for us to fix or otherwise solve the problem with your Tax application, we need to reproduce that problem on our side. Can you assist with it?

You can also add an Exclusion rule for this application to avoid the rules applying to it or you can create Specific Settings rule for it and disable the title buttons for it.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register