Login
Register

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Explorer hangs » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 35625

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 12/22/2009 19:45:28

I hope you will pardon me saying this, but the forum is not a very efficient method of communication.  I am sure you want to get this beta fixed up as quickly as possible.  I know for sure that I really wish to help you.  Could we use email and/or IM (e.g. ICQ) in addition to the forum?  Obviously the forum is the best place to post known issues and such, but for gathering/reporting, it is terrible.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/25/2009 07:51:54

Scott, Jonathan,

I have emailed you the current version binaries. Please check them as you'll be able to.

Merry Christmas! :)

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 12/28/2009 08:14:28

I have been using the internal beta you emailed to me a few days ago.  So far I have not experienced any Explorer hangs.  So at the very least, the problem is greatly reduced (on my system).  Of course if it happens again I will report back.

Thank you very much.

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 12/31/2009 16:31:42

Alex

I have briefly tested the RC version of AWM 5.5 you emailed a week ago and the explorer hanging and crashing experienced previously seems to have disappeared. I will continue testing.

While I am on the topic, I have two questions regarding this software.

1. Since I have had explorer instabilities for the past few beta versions, I am wondering if there are specific 3rd party programs that are not compatible with AWM. First software suite that comes to mind might be anything from Stardock, particularly WindowBlinds. It might be helpful if knew of programs out there that just don't work well with AWM.

2. Another bug I have noticed are with the AWM titlebar buttons. The title buttons often experience a slight lag when minimizing or maximizing windows. More specifically, the titlebar buttons remain on the desktop a half a second after the window is minimized. Also, the titlebar buttons appear on the desktop a half in the appropriate position before the window is maximized. Do you know what causes this anomoly?

Thanks!

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register