Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Screen saver invoked repeatedly , Causes errors » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7136

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 12/18/2009 09:03:28

I am using AWM 5.5 beta 4 on WinXP Pro SP3.  I have (and am using) the PowerControl 1.01 screen saver (PowerControl 1.02 does not fully work on WinXP).

Here is the problem:

1. I open AWM configuration and select the "Multiple Monitors" tab, then the "Screen Saver" button.

2. I close AWM.

3. When I reopen AWM, the same tab/button is selcted.  I get 5 or 6 run-time errors from PowerControl.  It seems it is being invoked many times over.

This may be a bug in the screen saver, I suppose, but I have been using PowerControl a long time and this has never happened before.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/19/2009 02:27:37

Hi Scott, it's great to see you here again! :)

Thank you for the report, we'll investigate this issue and try to fix it in the final version.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/22/2009 04:32:28

Scott, the problem is confirmed. We'll try to fix this bug in the final version of AWM 5.5.

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 12/26/2009 09:08:58

I am now using the internal beta build you kindly sent to me via email.

The problem with the screen saver is corrected.  However there is another issue.  As soon as I select the "Multiple Monitors" tab, AWM thinks a configuration change has been made.  That is, the "Save Changes" toolbar button becomes enabled, and if I try closing the AWM config window, I am asked if I want to save changes.

This only happens if the remembered state of the "Multiple Monitors" tab is the "Screen Saver" button.  By this I mean that if I select any of the Taskbar, Background, or "Desktop Profiles" buttons, AWM does not detect a config change.  It is only if the "Screen Saver" button was the last used that selecting the "Multiple Monitors" tab results in a config change detection.  In fact if "Screen Saver" was NOT the last used button, I can click Taskbar, Background, and then "Desktop Profiles", and no config change is detected.  But as soon as I click the "Screen Saver" button, the config change is detected.

I hope that made sense.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register