Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] screen saver issue » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 9573

aniel arias

Posted: 07/24/2016 01:24:12

I have 4 monitor 3 as main and another that is being use as security monitor on another room, what I'm trying to accomplish is having the 3 mains monitor to go to screen saver while the 4th stay on but it does not work, they all go to to screen saver but the one i want to stay on just show an error "screen saver failed to start...." by the way im using individual screen saver on each monitor because there no way to use single screen saver on my mains 3 monitor. please i need help, thank you

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/24/2016 15:29:23

Hello, Aniel

What OS are you running (name, version)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

What exactly screensaver are you using?

Does the problem happen if you set one of the standard Windows screensavers to your 3 monitors which are in one room?

What interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to the PC (DVI, HDMI etc)?

Best regards.

aniel arias

Posted: 07/25/2016 12:49:03

thank you for replying

What OS are you running (name, version)? : Windows 10

What our product are you running (name, version)? : Actual Multiple Monitors, version 8.9

What exactly screensaver are you using? : the issue is not with me using a screen server, is with the features call “individual screen saver on each monitor”. what I’m aiming is that out of the 4th monitors that I currently have connected to my computer 3 go to screensaver while the 4th stay on “no screen saver” thank you.

Does the problem happen if you set one of the standard Windows screensavers to your 3 monitors which are in one room ?: I don’t underhand this question, I’m just using one of the feature that comes with this product

What interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to the PC (DVI, HDMI etc)? : im using dvi and hdmi.
Thank you, hope you can help me. Best regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/26/2016 17:26:14

Aniel,

Altough you use the feature of Actual Multiple Monitors (the ability to set individual screensavers for each monitor) it allows you to only set screensavers available in your system (standard system srceensavers like 3D Text etc or other screensavers you install in your system). And often ability of using particular screensaver depends on peculiarities of this screensaver. This is why we need to know what exactly screensaver you're trying to use.

Does the problem happen if you set one of the standard Windows screensavers to your 3 monitors which are in one room?
While using the "Individual screen saver..." you set screensavers from the list for each monitor (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Screen Saver > Individual... > Screen saver option in the lower part of the window). Could you try to choose the standard Windows screensavers for all monitors and see if the problem still persists?

aniel arias

Posted: 07/27/2016 01:29:31

omg you do not understanding my situation, this is my setup right now. using “individual screen saver on each monitor” i have 1,2 and 3rd monitor set to mystify screen saver  and 4th monitor to none.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/01/2016 14:45:59

Aniel,

This problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/01/2016 15:21:12

Also, in case if you want to keep the 4th monitor on, you should use the Save Idle Screens featureinstead of usual Screen saver feature.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/07/2016 20:44:19

Hello, Aniel

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors and our other products as well.

Best regards.

aniel arias

Posted: 09/11/2016 04:58:51

im glad to hear that im gonna test it out right now and thank you for the support

aniel arias

Posted: 05/24/2017 09:36:02

after almost a year and issue have not been fixed at all, well partially, issue still happening, when computer goes into screen saver mode monitors that have been set up to have "none" as screen saver goes to blue (use to be black screen with an error message in the center, take a look at beginning of post). please fix it. here is a video example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDjbx90EJs

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register