Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Tools to assist in the dvelopment of window rules » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 2939

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 01/24/2016 09:50:16

While I'm in the frame of mind of developing some new window rules I thought I'd jot down some ideas for tools that would be very helpful.

Fortunately, most window rules work first time but occasionally an application will behave strangely or I might be trying some very sophisticated set of interdependent rules. Here's my thoughts on tools for developers:
1.  Import and export of window rules. This was posted in a previous message.
2.  A command to display a table of Preference Rankings given a specified set of Window Class, Caption and Program. The table would list all the window rules that could match the criteria along with their preference rank.
3.  The Log Window is a fabulous tool and shows exactly what is and what is not happening. The name of the successful window rule can be found there. I was thinking it would be much more convenient if the window itself could carry some ID. For example, a new tile command that when the mouse hovers over it, displays a user comment.

Just some thoughts as I debug my new window rules.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/03/2016 11:13:53

Hello, Greg.

We've already taken into account the request under the first item as it was in your other topic.

Could you describe the second and the third items more detailed? I'm afraid i don't really get it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register