Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Import, Export Commands » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3275

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 01/22/2016 08:03:10

I'm about to start some new work on window actions. I can use Save and Restore for backups but what I'd like now is window action Export and Import commands.

Export would 'save the selected actions'.

Import would add all the action in the Import file to the current set of actions.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/22/2016 18:23:02

Hello, Greg

What windows actions are you talking about? The actions on window startup?

Do you mean you need buttons Export and Import on the Startup tab to exchange the selected actions between the Settings for different windows/programs?

Best regards.

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 01/22/2016 19:01:46

Hi Bogdan,

In the Window Settings window there is the set of all rules (for some reason I've been calling them 'actions'). I can right click on a rule and do things like Copy Window Rule and Delete Window Rule. I've discovered that I can sel ect multiple rules by Shift and Control clicking. I've used this to delete multiple rules in one go.

What I was thinking was that with multiple selection an Export command could be added to the right click context menu and/or a button put next to the Save and Restore buttons.

The Import button will not need a selection of rules. The Import button would go next to the Save and Restore buttons at the bottom, next to Help. The import would add the rules fr om the Import file to the current set of rules. If an incoming rule had the same name as an existing one, then it would over-write it, just to keep things simple. Alternatively it could allow the user to chose an action. As a 'developer' tool I would keep it simple.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/02/2016 18:54:33

Greg,

We'll consider your suggestions.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search