Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.7 Beta 1 - J. River Media Center , Confused: Scroll inactive windows » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3758

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/19/2015 08:57:30

Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
AWM 8.7, Beta 1
---

Configuration: AWM > Mouse > Drag and Scroll > Scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel = CHECKED; no special keys checked.

Concern: This feature will get 'confused' and stop working when using specific programs together, moving back-and-forth between each application. Specifically, if using "XYplorer's XYplorer" AND "J. River's Media Center". The 'scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel' will stop functioning, by getting confused and will scroll the background list behind the dialog which HAS a list which should be scrolled, and it is not. This seems to occur because XYplorer, or perhaps special handling within AWM for this feature results in strange behavior in OTHER applications.

Reproduce--

Step 1: J. River's Media Center sel ect any option where you will have a large list of music files displayed (This will be the undesired background which will be scrolled). Now select fr om the program menu > Tools > Options (Dialog) > Audio (list on left). The list on the right can be scrolled and it should scroll now. You should be able to scroll the foreground list and background list as expected and desired. Keep open, don't change anything.

Step 2: Load AWM Control Center. Keep open, don't change anything.

Step 3: Load XYplorer and locate a folder where you can scroll the files in the list view. Keep open, don't change anything.

Step 4: Once you scroll with the mouse wheel in XYplorer, move the mouse pointer over the "Options" dialog in J. River's Media Center. If you scroll on the dialog list view it will not scroll, but the background list view will scroll. This should not happen as the list view directly below the mouse pointer should scroll. This is not the expected or desired result. Now click on AWM (anywhere). Now move the mouse pointer back to over J. River's Media Center's Option dialog list view and you will find it will scroll correctly with the mouse wheel. Clicking back into XYplorer and then move the mouse pointer back to Media Center will bring back the funky behavior.

Note: Unfortunately, this behavior seems to be related to XYplorer, and I'm thinking there is special code within AWM which handles XYplorer as this strange behavior happens with many apps (yet some are resilient and not effected -- I suspect it is a special handling of a specific class shared by XYplorer and the other apps--list views which malfunction.

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/23/2015 16:53:25

Hello, Lars

What version of JRiver Media Center are you running? I was unable to reproduce this with JRiver Media Center 21 – its impossible to scroll any tab on the options window, when Scroll inactive windows is enabled.

Best regards.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/23/2015 17:13:55

JRiver Media Center = version 20, but I've experienced this problem since version 16.

XYplorer *MUST* be loaded and the procedure above to reproduce, otherwise it Media Center will work correctly.

There's something specific about XYplorer interacting with other applications and how AWM with this feature.

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/04/2016 17:53:08

Lars,

I was unable to reproduce the issue, although i followed the listed steps, used your configuration files and JRiver Media Center version 20.

But what i can see, is the options window of JRiver becames unscrollable when it is active and the Scroll inactive windows option of AWM is enabled. Could you check, whether it happens on your PC?

1. Enable the "Scroll inactive windows" option
2. Disable the XYplorer
3. Open the options window of JRiver, make it active and try to scroll.

Does the scroll work?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register