Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktop in Taskbar , Moving VD switcher to taskbar » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 4224

John Watson

Posted: 03/25/2015 23:15:21

Hi I noticed this in the latest beta and for me it is a very welcome feature as I use virtual desktops but the switcher has always been "intrusive" IMO as you have to constantly move it out of the way or close it. Anyway, I like that you are adding it to the taskbar. I am noticing that sometimes when I click on a window to switch to it, it doesn't always work and often leaves me in the same desktop I was in. Also, it would be nice if you could somehow add the ability to simply hover over the new switcher icon in the taskbar to bring  it without actually having to click on it and then have it auto-hide when you move away from it. All in all though I love the direction you are going with this feature!

John

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/26/2015 11:15:25

Hello John,

Thanks for the post.

Also, it would be nice if you could somehow add the ability to simply hover over the new switcher icon in the taskbar to bring it without actually having to click on it and then have it auto-hide when you move away from it.
- We'll consider this and inform you if/when the ability will be implemented in our products.

I am noticing that sometimes when I click on a window to switch to it, it doesn't always work and often leaves me in the same desktop I was in.
- Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit). Are you able to reproduce the problem with any application? Could you try to trace what exactly steps cause the problem appearing?

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/03/2015 12:39:38

Hello John,

These problems seem to be fixed in the current 8.3 beta 3 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - http://www.actualtools.com/files/aim83b3.exe ).
Could you confirm that?

Best regards.

daveb3

Posted: 04/15/2015 05:29:08

i also like the new taskbar switcher as i never used the old switcher instead i just use Ctrl+Shift+Number Pad to switch between virtual desktops...

User added an image

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register