Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Activate Window On Mouse Over » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5184

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 12/30/2013 17:09:47

AWM 8.1 beta 3
Windows 8.1 64 bit

I had been hoping for this feature for a while now, I have been using another tool to achieve this effect, now being incorporated into AWM means I can discard the other tool.

However I have one request and maybe a bug to report.

The request first. Would it be possible to have 'Activate window on mouse hover' activate 'genuine' windows only and not the desktop. i.e if I move my mouse pointer slightly out of my active window and on to the desktop, maybe when I am typing, I do not want activation to switch to the desktop but remain in the current window.

Now for the possible bug.I have noticed that if I enable 'Activate window on mouse hover' this feature remains active even if I do not have AWM running.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/16/2014 18:19:58

Hello Gerard,

Thanks for the post.

The request first. Would it be possible to have 'Activate window on mouse hover' activate 'genuine' windows only and not the desktop. i.e if I move my mouse pointer slightly out of my active window and on to the desktop, maybe when I am typing, I do not want activation to switch to the desktop but remain in the current window.
- We'll try to fix this.

Now for the possible bug.I have noticed that if I enable 'Activate window on mouse hover' this feature remains active even if I do not have AWM running.
- This will be fixed in the next update.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/20/2014 13:46:08

Gerard,

- Unfortunately, I was able to reproduce the problem with activation of the native taskbar and not the desktop. And this is not a bug. Are you able to reproduce the problem with activation of the desktop? If yes, are you able to reproduce the problem on another pc? Could you sent me a list of running processes on your system?

Best regards.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 01/21/2014 03:19:56

Hello Vasiliy.

I can reproduce this on my Main 64bit Windows 8 Machine, I have just tried installing beta 3 on an old laptop with 32bit Windows 8 operating system, and I get the same results.

I think I could have explained the details a little better. As an example, with 'Activate Window on mouse hover' active. If I have Notepad running as a non active window. I then move my mouse pointer into the Notepad window and it becomes active. I start typing in Notepad but move my mouse pointer out of the way onto a blank desktop area. I can no longer type in Notepad until I bring the mouse pointer back into the window.  I was expecting Notepad to stay active until I moved the mouse pointer over another applications window, not on a blank area of the desktop.   This scenario is with both 32 bit and 64 bit machines which I have tested AWM with.  Maybe I understood this wrong and this is the behaviour you intended for this feature.

When testing on the 32 bit machine I have the processes stripped back to the bare minimum.

basically the normal windows processes plus AWM and Kaspersky anti virus are the only items running.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/24/2014 19:18:15

Gerard,

Could you check whether you are able to reproduce the problem in the current 8.1 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - http://actualtools.com/files/aimsetup.exe ) or not?

If yes, could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and attach a small video of the problem?

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 01/27/2014 02:52:37

Hello Vasiliy.

I have sent you a small video demonstrating the issue using Notepad. I have tried a couple of times to send the configuration files using the method described, without success.  I think my firewall/anti virus software is blocking me from attaching the zip file.  I need to look into this.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 02/01/2014 20:16:13

Vasiliy, I can confirm this problem is fixed for me in the latest 8.1.1  version of AWM

many thanks for the quick fix.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register