Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Screensaver feature keeps "resetting" » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3629

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 08/08/2013 09:16:32

I'm getting occasional "resetting" of the new screensaver feature, where suddenly, the keyboard shortcut set will no longer active the screensaver on the two monitors. Instead, there's a quick "defocus" of the current window, and then focus comes back to it -- like the shortcut is switching to another unseen window somewhere.

When I go back into AWM 8b3 settings to see what's happening, I see that the feature has disabled itself -- specific screensavers are no longer selected for the monitors, just "None".

I'm not sure why this is happening. I thought maybe it might have to do with adjusting the Windows system screensaver settings (or if the system screensaver gets activated), but it doesn't appear to be that. My guess is that it has something to do with my third monitor being an HDTV connected by HDMI through a receiver -- hence, whenever it gets turned off, Windows is constantly reconfiguring and juggling around monitors, and somewhere in that process, perhaps AWM is "losing track" of the monitor configuration, which resets the screensavers.

I'll keep an eye out to try and narrow down the cause to something more specific.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2013 15:32:35

Good day Steve,

I'm getting occasional "resetting" of the new screensaver feature

What exact feature are you talking about?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 09/08/2013 09:29:12

It's the "Save Idle Screens" feature, under the "Screen Saver" option, in the "Multiple Monitors" section.

I'm not sure why, but the screensavers I set for individual monitors keep getting reset to "None". I have to keep reconfiguring them.

I believe this stems from monitors that get turned off/on, particularly, the HDMI TV that I use for a monitor. It seems that the disabling and enabling of monitors (HDMI and DisplayPort monitors) causes the screensaver configuration to get erase.

It could also be partly from rebooting the system, too.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/09/2013 12:43:49

Hello Steve

Do you mean disabling/enabling the HDMI TV always lead the settings of the Save Idle Screens to reset to "None"?

Could you make some more tests to make sure that this is the reason of such behavior?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register