Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Minimizing and closing when inactive , Doesn't work consistently... » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 12257

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 09/24/2006 14:34:00

I am using AWM 4.2 beta 1 on WinXP.  I've set the main Azureus window to be minimized after 10000 ms, and closed after 30000 ms.

What happens with these settings is that Azureus gets minimized, but never closed.

I then changed the window rule to never minimize Azureus, but close it after 10000 ms.  This rule is ignored completely--Azureus is never closed.

The strange thing is that immediately after changing the window rule, and saving the settings, the minimize/close rules do work correctly one single time.  After that, they don't work at all.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/26/2006 10:24:05

Scott, please, could you check these settings for any other window rule? Don't they work only for Azureus or completely? Thanks.

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 02/02/2007 19:18:39

Sorry for the very long delay.  As you know, I have not been using AWM much lately.

But now I am using AWM 4.4 beta 1, and can still reproduce this issue with Azureus.  I cannot reproduce it with Windows Calculator (calc.exe).

The behavior with Azureus is the same as described above, but to reproduce, you don't need to concern yourself with the "Minimize when inactive" setting.  Just try reproducing with the "Close when inactive" setting.

The behavior I see here is as follows:

1.  In AWM, configure the main Azureus window to close after 10000 ms, and save settings.

2.  Minimize the main Azureus window to the task bar.  After 10 seconds, the Azureus window is correctly closed (though the tray icon remains, as that is how I have Azureus configured).

3.  Restore the main Azureus window by double clicking the Azureus tray icon.

4.  Minimize the Azureus window again.  This time, the Azureus window is not closed, even well after 10 seconds.

I have the Azureus rule configured as follows:

Window class SWT_Window0
Window caption Azureus
Program C:\Program Files\Azureus\Azureus.exe

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 02/02/2007 19:24:30

Actually, it is not necessary to minimize the Azureus window (i.e. in steps 2 and 4 above).  It is enough to make it lose focus (i.e. become inactive).  Either way, the window is not closed as it should be--except for the first time after settings are saved.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/12/2007 07:22:23

Scott, nice to still see you here! Thanks for your feedback, I think we should check this issue ourselves. Please provide the exact version of Azureus you're currently using. Thanks!

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 02/12/2007 09:40:25

This issue was reproduced using AWM 4.3 and 4.4 beta 1, with Azureus 2.5.0.4.  Platform WinXP Pro SP2.

Thank you!

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2007 02:55:21

Scott, thanks for the link. I have checked the described issue on my machine - it's confirmed so we'll investigate it further. I'll report here about results so stay tuned! ;)

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/14/2007 08:12:23

The problem is finally solved. There were two reasons for it: AWM really issues the Close Window command only once (because, in general, it's really enough, eh? ;) ), and the "Close minimizes to System Tray" option in Azureus "Interface" options is enabled. So actually there's no closure but minimization instead.

The obvious solution which can be achieved with any version of AWM is to use the "Minimize after deactivation" option in AWM instead of "Close when inactive" and turn on the "Minimize minimizes to System Tray" option in Azureus "Interface" options. But also we have removed the limit of issuing the Close Window command only once so in the nearest update it will work as expected with your former AWM and Azureus settings.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register