Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM taskbar feature request , get window / put window » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3982

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/16/2012 02:23:19

may be this would be handy:

on right clicking a AWM taskbar, there might be menue entry labeled "desktop overview...". When chosen, a small window (similar to the "put into..." tile dialog) containing a "miniaturized desktop overview" appears, mirroring the visible windows across the entire desktop screen.

When left clicking a miniature window, this window gets focused/active, the mouse cursor jumps top-left to this window.

When right clicking, the "put into..." dialog opens for this window...

(I suffer from searching windows across the desktop, with "screens surround" me...)

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/16/2012 02:54:25

May be the "miniatur Desktop windows overview" can even be shown underneath the tile grid in the "put into..." dialog?

And the mentioned "desktop overview..." not only available on a AWM taskbar but in the right click context menu of the desktop?

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 02/16/2012 04:22:42

This request is similar to the request here for a feature like Switcher it seems. I already responded in that thread that I would really like to see such a feature in AWM. I also think that proposed changes to the virtual desktop switcher like in Dexpot (including Dexgrid, SevenDex and possibly Dexcube) could be very nicely integrated into such a feature.

In other words: if this were all integrated, this would really a big step forward for AWM :!:

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/16/2012 21:02:20

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics