Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"moving a window to" instead of putting a window into a tile » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6168

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/27/2012 06:22:57

when using "put into...", the window always gets maximzed into a tile.
The "move to monitor" function however moves a window without resizing it.

Couldn't the "move to monitor" function be replaced by a "move to tile" function, so that I could move a window to left/right/up/down tile keeping its topmost offset within the tile and its size? Like "move to monitor"...

Also, I read about maximizing windows using the "put into..." dialog with, for example right clicking/dragging multiple tiles, the window resizes to cover the dragged area.

Would be great!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/29/2012 22:03:26

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for the post.

Couldn't the "move to monitor" function be replaced by a "move to tile" function, so that I could move a window to left/right/up/down tile keeping its topmost offset within the tile and its size? Like "move to monitor"...
- This behavior is closer to an emulation of physical monitors. The "desktop divider" feature has a little bit different purpose. Also, the realization of this request is limited by the technical complexity of Windows architecture. We'll consider this request, but most likely it will not be realized in the near future.

Also, I read about maximizing windows using the "put into..." dialog with, for example right clicking/dragging multiple tiles, the window resizes to cover the dragged area.
- This will be available in the next beta version.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/02/2012 15:45:00

well, putting a window into a tile always resizes that window to fit the entire tile... this is also true for non-resizable windows, like dialogs etc... that can't be the ideal solution, can it?

I don't think that "moving" a window to a tile (just resposition it) instead of "putting" a window into a tile (reposition AND resize it) is about virtual monitor emulation.

It would just be another way of working with desktop tiles. May be you consider adding a "move to tile...", similar to "put into tile..."?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/03/2012 03:06:45

TabSel,

This feature request is already added to our list of feature requests.

We'll inform you about our decision about this feature.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/03/2012 03:57:40

Suggestion:

Left click/drag in the Tile overview "puts" (positions/resizes) resizeable windows into the tiles, RIGHT Click positions any window to Top-left of the right-clicked tile...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/07/2012 00:20:56

TabSel, your suggestion is added to our list of feature requests.

We'll consider this too.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register