Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Removing and addring second screen rotates icon positions » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 4435

wigster

Posted: 01/12/2012 03:10:32

Hi,

I am running AMM 4.0b1 on Win7 x64. This problem at least since v3.4 though. This problem doesn't occur every time, but it does repeat quite frequently. I have not been quite been able to get the minimum steps to reproduce it, so I will describe my setup in detail.

My main machine is a laptop, which I bring home every night (no second screen at home) and bring to work where I plug it into an external LCD. The external LCD is rotated clockwise by 90 degrees to aid the reading of A4 pages. It is also positioned to the left of the laptop's screen (in case this matters).

The taskbar on the laptop's screen is vertical, on the right of the screen. On the external screen it has the standard position at the bottom (however, it is the shorter edge of the screen).

The problem is the following. I will usually boot fresh at home with just one screen. When I plug the laptop into the external screen (usually before I wake it from sleep), AMM will take that screen over properly. However, the icons I keep on the laptop's desktop lose their position: they are rotated by 180 degrees (so the recycle bin I keep on the bottom right now is on the top left). I can manually rearrange my desktop icons and go through the cycle of connected and disconnecting the external screen a number of times. Eventually, the icons will find themselves rearranged yet again in this manner.

Because of this rotation of the coordinates, I am guessing this is something either to do with the position of the main task bar or with the rotation of the external screen. I am guessing more likely the latter, since this started happening at more or less the time I decided to rotate my screen (and upgrade to v3.4). The taskbar has been on the right of the desktop for a much longer time.

Please let me know if there is something I can do to help with hunting for the bug.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/15/2012 22:03:42

Hello Wigster,

Thanks for the post.

Could you send me ( support@actualtools.com ) screenshots of the correct and incorrect desktop icons positions?

Could you also send me your configuration files from work (with 2 screens) (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

wigster

Posted: 01/18/2012 02:52:30

Hi,

I have sent you the screenshots and the config files at 0:49 Vancouver time.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register