Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Bugs, Suggestions & Feature Requests » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 12360

skywalka

Posted: 02/22/2006 17:40:25

Hi.

Here are some bugs, suggestions & feature requests.

1)  I tried the new beta hoping this previously reported annoyance would have been rectified.  To remove clutter I used the otion to remove windows from the task bar & add permanent icons in the system tray.  The problem is that left clicking these system tray icons does not behave the same as left clicking a default taskbar button.  If Window-A is not minimised to the system tray but another window has focus, & I left click Window-A's system tray button Window-A will not gain focus.  Window-A instead of getting focus is minimised 2 the system tray & I have 2 left click Window-A's system tray icon again 2 give it focus.  This is very confusing especially when anotherr window is maximized because U can't see whether Window-A is already minimized 2 the system tray or not.  So you click Window-A's system tray icon & wait not knowing if the computer is not responding or if Actual Tools has minimised an obstructed Window-A.  This also led me 2 think that U have 2 doubleclick Window-A's system tray icon.  In other words clicking on the system tray icon should give focus 2 a window that does not have focus whether minimized or not.

2)  When creating a new Window Rule it's initial settings should B the same as my All Windows rule but they are not.  Meaning I have to manually change my preferred settings dozens of times.

3)  I know it is possible to resize a window to cover the entire desktop but is it possible to actually add a Maximize button that will behave like the regular Windows Maximize button.  Is it possible to detect if a window doesn't already have a maximize button?

4)  It would B best if the configuration window could also be opened by singleclicking the Actual Tools system tray icon.  That would B consistent with programs that your program has minimized 2 the system tray.

5)  When programs have been minimised 2 the system tray they should still be available via the Alt+Tab function.

6)  Why not have a FullScreen button for programs that support this mode.  ie Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Maxthon = F11 or Windows Media Player = Alt+Enter etc.

7)  After rebooting my machine the settings buttons for Closing, Priority & Startup were not available by scrolling.  The scroll stopped at Rollup.  They were only accessible via clicking the "Main" button.  This problem occured twice in a row but hasn't reoccured since.

8)  When you rightclick a button on the Windows TaskBar the context menu displayed should also be displayed when rightclicking a system tray icon.

9)  When you drag to a taskbar button the relative window gains focus.  Is it possible to drag to a system tray icon to give the window focus?

10) This program http://www.sidbrowser.com/ doesn't even have a minimise button!  The Taskbar button contains the name of the song the program is currently playing.  If I minimise to tray the taskbar button dissapears so I'd like to just have a regular Minimise button.

Thanx 4 looking!

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/26/2006 02:41:19

Thanks for your participation in our beta test and your suggestions made here. Let's go through them now:

1. "Minimizing-to-tray" feature wasn't intended to replace taskbar functionality. It's original purpose is to temporarily hide used windows without closing them to keep them working in background. That's why our tray icons behave as they are. But permanent mode has some differences so we'll consider this your suggestion.

2. There will be an ability to create the rule as a "copy" of "All Windows". We'll try to implement it until 4.0.

3. Actually, Maximize button has something else besides just covering the entire desktop. So we don't want to mix our "Resize" function with standard "Maximize" (at least, now).

4. Will be considered.

5. This feature was requested already by several users, but it's technically hard and, most likely, won't be included into 4.0.

6. Thanks, it's interesting one.

7. We fixed some issues for this navigation bar, so I hope the mentioned one was fixed too.

8. Don't think that all system menu features would be sensible there. But we'll think about extending the current context menu with some useful items.

9. Yes, it will be added to our to-do list.

10. This is pretty rare case, but we'll consider such option's implementation.

Thanks and hope it isn't your last suggestions.

skywalka

Posted: 02/26/2006 15:35:17

Thanx 4 replying.

I'm surprised by your response to my first suggestion.  I hope I explained myself clearly.  I couldn't recommend the software until this is rectified.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/27/2006 06:36:16

Well, after some thinking I have to admit you're right. I've added your first suggestion to our to-do list, so it will be implemented in near future releases (if not in 4.0).

skywalka

Posted: 02/27/2006 22:15:37

Thanx, & best of luck with your program.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register